Busa Rizla vs pickup car and U-turn

luccaRSA

Registered
I used to wonder what would happen in such a situation. Well, today I had a chance to find out on my own: Not very nice experience. Hayabusa hitting pickup – hm… we all know which one is going to win – or do we???
Here it is – I am cruising at 35mph and there is a guy in silver truck joining the road from gas station. He was maybe 70m ahead of me, so I stayed on my lane. This idiot decides to swing into my lane at maybe 15mph and then starts to move to the other side. Bright spark like me is watching him like a hawk :banghead: you never know, in case he gonna change his mind. So, guess what – he decided to make a U-turn (no indicators, no mirrors, nothing) at that time I was 5m behind him on the parallel lane. He cuts in front of me and I am facing middle of his damn car. I smacked those brakes, looking for escape route in the same time: Too late, no space. The only choice was to slide…:please: and pray. After I stopped I got up running to see my baby:( on the side. I have 2 words for all of you – CRASH BOBBINS!!!!:rulez: I didn’t have those:( Thanks to all gear, I am ok – some scratches, cracked rib, fxxx leg, but other than that – gear did what suppose to do. Damages are purely cosmetic (I will need new side plastics and new paint job). Ladies and gents please ride safe.

pic1.JPG

pic2.JPG

pic3.jpg

pic4.JPG

pic5.jpg

Sorry to hear, Glad you are okay.

Bummer, nice post though :laugh: Keep your sense of humor. ...it happens

Now I have an excuse :whistle: to get new leather jacket :laugh:
Crash bobbins are the very first thing I will add after paint job and new exhaust.
I am thinking of adding bazooka too - (safety first), besides it will take more then a damn pickup truck to get rid of me :laugh:

Next test - Busa vs train :laugh:

Last edited:
Crash bobbins are the very first thing I will add after paint job and new exhaust.
I am thinking of adding bazooka too - (safety first), besides it will take more then a damn pickup truck to get rid of me :laugh:

Glad yer not heavily messed up. Yer a tuff bastid for wanting to climb right back on.:thumbsup:

RSD.

You didn't post pics of the other guys injuries...:whistle:. And I would forego the train vs busa thing. Doesn't sound like an easy one to walk away from...oh, and by the way, glad you could walk away from this one. :thumbsup: Stay sharp, stay alert, and be aware! Cage drivers are everywhere!! :moon: :beerchug:

MVScooter1.jpg

Our illustrious "Captain" had a similar experience with the 'broad side' of a pick up truck and didn't fare as well as you did. You're decidedly a lucky guy!!!

Post up pix of your sled when you get her back on the road!!!

:beerchug: Glad you're ok, bro.

Hi All, thank you for the wishes.
Cops are not involved – there were no casualties, that guy’s insurance isn’t involved as he has none:( I was so mad at him that I kicked off his mirror (he didn’t use it to look out for me, so he didn’t need it). Yes, I know that was cheap shot, but in my defense, my damages are much greater. To be honest I feel like an idiot now for losing my cool.
I took my baby for a spin today:whistle:, just to check if there are any mechanical damages (fortunately just panels, paint and pipe). You can’t believe how much paper work I must do to claim that: case no, 3 quotes, ID, license, bike papers, last 6 months insurance payment proof (they try everything not to pay out). I am wondering if they will ask me for urine or blood samples???. I got most of it (papers… not other samples:laugh: ) together. I presume custom paint will take the longest as everything was done by airbrush.
I will be lucky if that will take 2-3 weeks. Bottom line – I will be riding for the time being without panels. There is nothing on this universe to stop me from doing it.
PS
Hey Wingding - great idea:laugh: does it come in bigger caliber????

Just be happy it wasnt your riding buddy deciding to make a right turn in front of u..got up and took off to the house.all was good i guess but
i cut my arm fallin down in the garage.
the worst part is my hip was black for a few weeks and little willie had a hair trigger.
that was the worst LOL.(Beware fires on the thought of a touch)
we still laught about the deal :beerchug:

Last edited:
Glad you weren't hurt to bad ! Any accident you can walk away from is a good one . Trust me I know !

Glad you are okay. Forget about the Busa vs. train thing. That one you will surely lose. Hurry up and get her painted and post some pics.:thumbsup:

Back