Busa in the Red

JZ7355

Registered
firedevil.gif
Rode my bike home from work tonight. It was about 75 degrees out here in New York City. Bike runs great, put fresh coolant in her in May of this year. Coming home hit some roadwork on the parkway. Sat in traffic for about 15 minutes with some lane splitting. Needle slowly crept up and got to the red zone. Thank god the traffic let up. The fan was on. When I started moving again the gauge dropped below the middle mark in about 7 seconds. Can anyone HELP? Has anyone had this problem. Thanks
super.gif

do you have any engine ice in the radiator, a muzzy fan, or dual fan set up? These things could help with sitting in traffic maybe even a toggle switch to turn fan on and off when sitting?

Search for posts about "burping" the system to make sure there's no air trapped in a line or the radiator.

Thanks I will try those suggestions. I recently installed fairing screens on my busa. Do you think that may be part of the problem? Ride On
all_coholic.gif

...screens should not be a problem. It's from sitting still and not enough air moving.

Mine does it as well. Installed muzzy fan and engine ice. Not sure if they helped or not, I dont sit in traffic too often.

You may try water wetter...some use it with success also and it is cheaper than the ice.

dont think you should worry.the very fact that the temp dropped so quickly shows that nothing really is the problem.

Sounds good, Thanks. I just let the bike idle for 15 minutes in the hot garage. Temp gauge went up to the middle and the fan kicked on. The gauge dropped to below the middle and this happened three times. Gauge never went higher. I will definitley try a muzzy fan, burping and water wetter first. Then I will go to engine ice and gixxer 1k fan mod. Thanks guys.
bowdown.gif

Back