Busa Cutting Out... HELP!

Ok, I took a look at my service manual and found some more filters. So I took off my fuel pump and injectors.
Webshots.com Links Do Not Work

Next I took my fuel pump in half and threw away this filter.

I found this filter screen at the bottom of the fuel pump. It's obviously worth cleaning occasionally, but I'm warning you it was a royal pain trying to pull this contraption out of the fuel pump. It's gasket pretty much cemented it's self in. To keep from having to do that again I just cut this screen out.

This it a screen between the fuel pressure regulator and the pump.

It had a ring of copper mesh on it. I've heard that this comes from the fuel pump it's self.

I've read of people installing new fuel lines and an inline filter from jegs or where ever. I didn't want to pay the money for steel braided fuel lines so I got a $10 inline glass filter from autozone. Then I found out why they used the braided fuel lines. The only way I could keep the fuel lines from kinking was to run this enormous 2 foot circle of fuel line.

Oh and if you do this to your bike be safe afterwords. I took my bike out for a test ride. It had a lot more power and doesn't cut out anymore. Not 10 minutes after fixing it I slid around a corner hit a curb and broke my bike all up. And that sucks.

Last edited:
Back