bt56 J tires

Why would you want to replace the tire with another stocker? They are cheap for a reason. You only have two, so buy something good. I put a 200/50 and 120/60 michelin hi-sport set on and it is like a new bike. Don't put those cheap bridgestones back on.

I just check with my dealer and he quoted me 262 for the BT56 J -- from factory suzuki. He did tell me however that he could possible get it for 100 dollars cheaper from one of his aftermarket suppliers when they are available. He is gonna check with his suppliers and see if its available from his other suppliers.

I guess suzuki doesnt want to be everyones local part house, so they charge a factory premium.

Hey, Speed.......If your dealer cant find the tires, have him give me a call and I can tell him where to get them..........If not I have some in stock still........

Thanks to Best Cycle Parts!!
I got my new OEM Bridgestone J yesterday
and it looks great. Now I will be ready when my current tire is finished.

Great to hear Todd, that you finally got your tire..........remember if they get hard to find from your local dealer..........just give me a holler.....My supplier says that he still has sufficent supply to last for awhile.........Thanks again Vegas Dude.......Paul

Regarding the BT56 J tire.....i work for a suzuki dealer and we have them in stock too . U can buy the set for $300 or just the rear for $175.00 . Call Suzuki of Van Nuys @ 818-757-7261 or email us suzuki4u@earthlink.net .
BTW.. we still have 5 Busas on the floor....both colors .

I would be willing to bet the French Hayabusa didn't get/require the J Bridgestone due to the power restrictions (100hp) that the French impose on bikes.

Strange, the french Busa comes with a stock BT56 R, not J tire. Does anyone have an answer for this?

[This message has been edited by Frederic Rinaldi (edited 28 July 1999).]

Actually most of the higher horsepower motorcycles have an OEM specially made tire. Like the "J" battleaxe for example, Bridgestone made this "special" tire to handle what the busa puts out, yet you wouldn't know listening to everyones stories. In my opinion, the Bridgestone is a very hard compound with sidewall stiffners and is probablly the only tire that will give good milage and decent grip on heavy high HP bikes! It's too bad Dunlop didn't get to make the OEM tire. It doesn't take long for al the aftermarket companies to get their hands on these OEM tires. Go into any dealer and look at the tire section in their aftermarket catalogs. you will see pages of OEM tires, Bridgestone/Dunlop have a ton! Personally, when I get my busa, the Bridgestones will be sold with no milage on them!!!

FYI, I was at Aurora Suzuki in Seattle on Saturday and they told me that the "J" tires are in stock and combined price for both front and rear was around $300. They told me that the price had gone down a lot since the supply had improved.

Back