bt56 J tires

OB_VegasDude

Registered
Ok, guys, just got in my bridgestone BT56 J rear tire 190\50\17 and it was 147.00. It is not a second or blemish. So all those high price rumors are not true............I double checked it with my rear tire and its the same (has the J). If you remember my previous post, I had mistakenly bought a plain BT56 and the informed group of people that post on this board were watching after my best interest advised me of my error...............so...............Thanks!!!!

[This message has been edited by VegasDude (edited 08 July 1999).]

[This message has been edited by VegasDude (edited 08 July 1999).]

Is the BT56 SS and and the J the same tire. Where did you get your tire from. I want to use the factory tire also. Thanks for the info.

THe holy grail..........the bt56 j tire.............it does exist......price 147.00 the front counter part 98.00. Talked to my suzuki dealer, told him about the tires that i purchased and the price. He said these were the correct tire and has not heard of only getting them from suzuki. If you want to pay retail, go ahead. I compared them number for number, J for J Load rating for loadrating, every number i found on the tires matched with the ones on by busa...so here we go............................I do appreciate however all the input everyone has put in both positive and negative cause i know that everyone is trying to help...................

[This message has been edited by VegasDude (edited 09 July 1999).]

I was told that the ONLY place you could get the correct Bridgestone BT56J is from your Suzuki dealer. Not at an aftermarket tire place. Since the REAL 56J is made for Suzuki it is listed as a bike part just like a swingarm or brakepad. It is not in the normal parts unlimited catalog.

My best friend is the parts mamager for the local Suzuki shop and I have stood beside him as he showed me the correct 56J priced at $307 retail. There is no mistake in that.
Please check you tire again Vegasdude.If you got the stocker for $157 you may have a bunch of new friends that want you to order about 100 new tires pretty soon.

Ah!!! sign me up! I am due for my rear carcass :) heheheheh I am gotta go check with my dealer on the tire tonight.

Just wondering... How does the 56 J compare to the 56 ss? I called a few places, and that seems to be the more common tire. Any thoughts?

OK Vegasdude WHERE do we sign up for the GROUP PURCHASE????!!!!!!!!!!

What about mail order from your parts dealer?! How about a phone number please?

rich d the dealer where i bought the tires said the the "j" rating was needed because on the regular BT56 tires, chunks were coming off at 190 miles per hour, due to ovcrheating. The "J" runs cooler at high speed

I got my tires at Best cycle parts phone number 702-320-9700. If you dont live in vegas, have your reqular store call them to find out where they get them. Just for fun have them quote you a price......hehe

No, its not the same tire.......they are different....I bought mine locally at Best motorcyle parts and accessories. Las Vegas, Nv.

[This message has been edited by VegasDude (edited 09 July 1999).]

Hey VegasDude, you win the prize for purchasing the first non-Suzuki dealer priced BT56J (just kidding)! When I talked to Bridgestone about a month ago, they said that the tire would become available thru non-Suzuki sources in July.

Highpwr

Did you get a part number. Also exactly who did you talk to at Bridgestone, I would like to call them. Thanks

Another thing, your not going to believe this, but as i was leaving Best cycle parts, the owner told me that in the future he could get the BT56J cheaper than 147.00 from his back east source. He is just waiting for that source to get tires............Merry Christmas!! : )

I dont see a problem with that at all........just call during business hours and ask for the Busa tire....I dont have many in stock, but hopefully shouldnt have a hard time getting more of them........Ask for Paul..

Excuse me - Best Cycle Parts - If I call and
order a rear Busa tire from you with my Visa/MC can you ship it to me in Oklahoma?

If anyone wants to talk to Bridgestone they can be reached at 800-543-7522. The guy I spoke with was very helpful and seemed to know all about the BT56J supply situation. He claimed that the availability problem was due to Suzuki being late at deciding which tire they were going to select for the Busa.

Back