Broken chain =@#%.

(silverfreak @ Dec. 18 2006,11:30)
(GoldenChild @ Dec. 17 2006,23:27) check bearing seat before you waste your time even tearing it apart.Waterpump is available complete not seperate covers....I got tons of it all...
well sir.you called it.bearing seat has a hairline crack in it.so ill be needing a lower case.or matched set.we have a shop here that says they can weld it up and recut for the seat.may try that route first.if not then it will be cases.ps shoot me some prices for a set of cases.or if anyone has any for sale.Thanks  David
Silver no sweat,like i said I hated to see the others spend money but i can only tell you what i know...The tsubaki chain is a great chain,I have one on a 250hp plus bike and works great...You can try to have fixed if you like first,but you can't just buy a good lower and put them together.The cases are matched at the factory.I will send you some prices,I got a perfect set of 05 cases in stock right now and some other parts you need.I would say with that kind of power add a case saver this time to your bike...

well.its official.i am in need of a set of matched cases.the shop did manage to get them welded up and did a very good job.but the heat and stress caused the shift fork shaft guides to become out of round leading to some un wanted machining and weakening of the high stress areas.so i will not chance putting this engine with this kind of power back in service on a motorcycle.just to dangerous.so if anyone has cases reasonably priced without any damageshoot me a pm with prices.dont want to buy new but i will if i need to.Thanks to all.and merry christmas. David
beerchug.gif

(silverfreak @ Dec. 17 2006,21:10)
(turb06LE240 @ Dec. 17 2006,05:54) We have a whole engine I may be parting out, make a list with prices, I will see what we can do, So far the clutch cover and the injectors are spoken for...
if you decide to do the parting out.id be intrested in transmission,shift linkages and shift forks.waterpump+housing.shoot me some prices.hopefully dont need tranny but wont know till i get it tore down.definately have to have output shaft though.
shoot me a price on the rest of the engine.less injectors and clutch housing.Thanks David

Back