Bought a Diavel today

Nice looking bike. It looks like you sit more up right on that then the busa. Is that true? I am thinking about getting another bike but will not get rid of the busa but want one that I sit straighter up on because of my back. How do you think it would be for 2up? My wife loves to ride as well.

Looks very similar to the riding position of my Buell Lightning. It is like riding a dirt bike compared to the Busa. 2-Up on the Buell is not the greatest. The Ducati looks about the same unless the passenger is 100lbs.

Beautiful bike, I hope you enjoy every minute on it! Raydog

Nice looking bike. It looks like you sit more up right on that then the busa. Is that true? I am thinking about getting another bike but will not get rid of the busa but want one that I sit straighter up on because of my back. How do you think it would be for 2up? My wife loves to ride as well.

Oh yea your feet are in front of you not behind you. It is very different! I can say that everyone who has sat on it immediately says "wow". You actually sit down in the bike and you cannot see the front wheel from the cockpit. Because of the performance it is almost impossible to remember that she is a cruiser. I just got back from riding with my buddy with his ZX10 and I hung with him the whole way. He actually had a hard time keeping up on the on ramp with me, the only negative to doing 140 mph on her is the mirrors bent back a little on me lol I need to tighten them down some. There definitely is wind resistance, but my big ass could never get behind the wind screen on the busa anyway so I am used to it haha. Oh and because of the V-twin, or does Ducati call it an L-Twin? There is more vibration in the handlebars. I have not ridden two up yet, but I will let you know how it fairs soon.

I'm sorry.

Hope you have better luck then the 2 I had.

Yea I read about your experiences, sorry to hear that. I figured wth it was warranted for two years and I have never kept a bike for 2 years. But after 22 hours with her I think I am in love already. Keep your fingers crossed for me.

I am really impressed with that bike. The dealer I go to is a Ducati dealer and I've been eyeing it for awhile........:whistle:

(don't tell the wife you heard that from me!)

I am really impressed with that bike. The dealer I go to is a Ducati dealer and I've been eyeing it for awhile........:whistle:

(don't tell the wife you heard that from me!)

DO IT, DO IT, DO IT NOW! that's my Jedi mind trick, we will see if it works! lol Honestly, I felt funny paying $18,000 for a bike, but that feeling was gone with the first interstate on ramp I hit.

More requested pics

ForumRunner_20120812_185031.png

ForumRunner_20120812_185037.png

ForumRunner_20120812_185043.png

ForumRunner_20120812_185031.png

ForumRunner_20120812_185037.png

ForumRunner_20120812_185043.png

05 Busa LE said:
Man, what a sharp bike! I agree that Ferraris and Ducatis have to be in red. How's the riding position feel? I had a Monster long ago, and it was still aggressive for sitting upright. Maybe snap a pic of what you see in the riding position, if you get a chance. Enjoy the torque of that V-Twin!

Hey bro here is the pic you requested, from the cockpit looking forward

ForumRunner_20120813_223822.png

ForumRunner_20120813_223822.png

I like it!
Pictures do not do it justice. They look so much better in the flesh!

You know, it kind of reminds me of the busas with the GSXR tail on them, it is very beefy in the front and sleek in the back.... except for the huge 240 on her lol. I actually am leaning her way more than I did my busa, I actually scraped my foot on the pavement today doing 50 MPH haha.

Yea I just never felt comfortable on my last Busa, I am not sure why, but it just never felt right at high speeds or leaning on her.

I was surprised at all the love you all are giving me, but then again I guess I shouldn't be, after all this is the org, and the best group of people out there!

Back