Hayabusa Owners Group

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Bluetooth?

Smokin_Busa

Registered
Has anyone had any experience with a bluetooth system? I want to get something that I can talk on my cell phone when needed, listen to music (I am planning on getting the stilletto 2 sirius player), talk with my girlfriend behind me, and my friends riding with me. I want something mounted in my helmet no earpiece.
Thanks all,
Joe

Cardo Scala Rider Q2 works great for me. It's easy to use, it's small, and has some neat features like a built-in FM radio. Although Cardo told me that they had i-Phone problems, I have had zero issues so far. The customer service for parts and accessories (I had a dead AC adapter) is great. Their tech support was more or less useless (pairing with Garmin Zumo 550). All in all, it's a good unit. My wife and I use it ad a bike-to-bike communication system, and we both like it.

Check it out: Cardo goodies!

Autocom also makes a good one.

Have you used it?
i just got mine but there are several members that have had them longer...hopefully, they will drop in
beerchug.gif

I have the scala q2 and I love it...

I have scala fm and love it. Cant talk to passenger though need q2 for that.

Has anyone had any experience with a bluetooth system? I want to get something that I can talk on my cell phone when needed, listen to music (I am planning on getting the stilletto 2 sirius player), talk with my girlfriend behind me, and my friends riding with me. I want something mounted in my helmet no earpiece.
Thanks all,
Joe
I have that exact setup mounted on my ,07 (and very soon, on my brand spankin '08
laugh.gif
).  Here's what I use:

Stiletto 2 w/car dock
Jabra 120s bluetooth adapter (plugged into the car dock)
Chatterbox Gmrs X1 w/Bluetooth

The Chatterbox is the only box that will give you everything you listed in your post, namely bike to bike and intercom capabilities.  Plus, it's a true stereo (2 speaker) setup.  The downside to it is that it is kinda bulky on the helmet.  Other than that, I've loved it.

About a month ago, I went on a ride with a touring group (mainly Goldwings) that were all using CB's.  I used an extension cable plugged into a portable CB and had GMRS, Stereo audio, Bluetooth phone, and CB (audio only) all running at once.  
laugh.gif
 With some "engineering" I think I can even get it to transmit via CB, but I'm still working on that.

=Shannon=

laugh.gif

I have been using a Chatterbox X1 Bluetooth for several months. It works very well. I like that I can use it on either of my bikes. The XB1 and Autocom both wire to one bike. If you only have one bike those are great. If not, get the chatterbox. With the Autocom you will also need to buy a radio for bike to bike.

I had the Scala-rider original and now I have the Q2. Yes, it does allow bike-to-bike like the chatterbox and it's sooooooo much smaller.

It has the stereo FM, the bluetooth capability to the phone, intercom to passenger and bike-to-bike.

I haven't found a bluetooth adapter for my zune that works yet so I got a batter-powered FM transmitter for it. I xmit Zune to 99.3 then tune Scala to that and bam, I got tunes.

Top Bottom