Bike Communications

NeOhiofan

Registered
I have a new job at work where I am on call 24/7. This makes my bike riding days unpleasent. I need a getup that I can work bluetooth. I want it for Voice dial on my Iphone, & rider to passenger talk.
I have considered the following & was wondering what your recommendations or suggestions on other brands are.
1. XBi2 Wireless Bike to Bike Intercom Kit / Chatterbox
2. SCALA RIDER Q2 Bike to Bike Intercom, Single or Multi-Set
3. SCALA RIDER TeamSet Bluetooth MP3 Intercom (CARDO)
4. Blueant Bluetooth Wireless Motorcycle Helmet Headset

I only need it to pair with 2 other things
1. phone
2. passenger

My big concern for spending the money these units cost are at highway speeds & not hearing phone calls.. I will be wearing a full face helmet. I was leaning towards the Chatterbox xbi2 but it only dials last call & does not support voice dialing.
Look forward to hearing everyone's comments.

I use a Chatterbox X1 Bluetooth. I can hear it ring. I don't answer when riding even if I'm on-call. I find a safe place to stop and call them back. I don't need to remove my helmet to call.

Riding while talking on the phone adds much more risk of bad things happening. Look at how bad cagers have become with cell phones and driving attentiveness.

I have a new job at work where I am on call 24/7. This makes my bike riding days unpleasent. I need a getup that I can work bluetooth. I want it for Voice dial on my Iphone, & rider to passenger talk.
I have considered the following & was wondering what your recommendations or suggestions on other brands are.
1. XBi2 Wireless Bike to Bike Intercom Kit / Chatterbox
2. SCALA RIDER Q2 Bike to Bike Intercom, Single or Multi-Set
3. SCALA RIDER TeamSet Bluetooth MP3 Intercom (CARDO)
4. Blueant Bluetooth Wireless Motorcycle Helmet Headset

I only need it to pair with 2 other things
1. phone
2. passenger

My big concern for spending the money these units cost are at highway speeds & not hearing phone calls.. I will be wearing a full face helmet. I was leaning towards the Chatterbox xbi2 but it only dials last call & does not support voice dialing.
Look forward to hearing everyone's comments.

I had some of the same questions, and concerns. Thanks for posting up info, and if you dont mind, I will tage along for the ride and watch info thats posted.

Do you have a link? What's the price on one of these?

Contact Keith at Tulsa Truck supply, he is the 7 state distributor. He knows Autocom inside and out. He is setting up dealers and training them on the systems. The problem I had in the past was finding tech support. Keith is the man. He is a true motorcycle enthusiast. He will not sell or suggest anything you do not want/need. It is all up to you and how many options you want on a system.
They are located on the west side of I-44, just before the turner TP as you leave Tulsa. Should be close to you.
Cap and I use autocom and are very satisfied.

Contact Keith at Tulsa Truck supply, he is the 7 state distributor. He knows Autocom inside and out. He is setting up dealers and training them on the systems. The problem I had in the past was finding tech support. Keith is the man. He is a true motorcycle enthusiast. He will not sell or suggest anything you do not want/need. It is all up to you and how many options you want on a system.
They are located on the west side of I-44, just before the turner TP as you leave Tulsa. Should be close to you.
Cap and I use autocom and are very satisfied.

Will do. Ifigured they have to be pretty good for that kind of endorsement. Thank you, thank you.

Will these various brands talk between one another? I'm assuming that they're just two-way radios and if tuned to the same ch/freq you can.

We have the Scala Rider2. I have talked to my Wife on the phone while she was running 85 & could not tell she was riding. The only bad thing is limited range between 2 bikes. Plays IPOD while not on phone.

Try Collette Communicators ................. used them for many years with out fault. Bike to bike to pillion etc :beerchug:

Worst thing about any of the kits is those damn speakers you have to fit in your helmet... nothing but a pain in the ass to position and then they hurt all day long!!

Worst thing about any of the kits is those damn speakers you have to fit in your helmet... nothing but a pain in the ass to position and then they hurt all day long!!

Had the same problem, finally learned how to install them.:whistle:

We have the Scala Rider2. I have talked to my Wife on the phone while she was running 85 & could not tell she was riding. The only bad thing is limited range between 2 bikes. Plays IPOD while not on phone.

we have the same. if we get out of range she just calls verizon to verizon free :thumbsup:

I have the Scala Q2 multiset. It took a little time to set up the fm radio but beside that it works great. I got it for mostly myself or if I take my kids for a ride. For what it is, it is perfect for me..

I have the Scala Q2 multiset.I have nothing but great things to say about it. No one can tell im riding my bike when im on the phone. And besides having bike to bike coms and blue tooth,I use it for my sirius radio via the fm tuner. And I think it is the least expensive of the Coms out there.

Went and looked at the Scala this past week...They had the Scala 2 and the Scala multi set..said the only difference was rider to rider range?

I have the same question as above..if a buddy buys chatterbox, can we talk to each other or no? Also, I liked how the Scala had a jack for music, as there aren't as many accessories for Zune's as there are for Ipods (such as bluetooth adapter).

No, the scala wont talk to Chatterbox....i has its own proprietary freqs and channels..unlike the chatterbox where you can choose between a considerable amount. Ive got the bluetooth chatter and it works fine for me, i have it hardwired to the bike so i dont have to finger f it evrytime....My phone will sync automatically when im on.. and i modified the volume/channel controls and extended the to the handle bars via momentary push switches....ive heard good things about autocom and the scala....i think depending on the app you can get most of them to work for you.

Back