Bill's Gixxer Thread

BusaFever

Post ***** Master Jedi
Donating Member
Registered
Ok folks, I gotta warn you I am completely stoked about the new gixxer.  Friggin bike is awesome.  So if my enthusiam about it makes you wanna puke, I'm sorry.  That's right, I'm sorry that you aren't as excited about your bike as I am about mine.  
tounge.gif

I am gonna be postin picks up of her like crazy too... Dat's right, first you had BT and his 10R, now you got BF and his 1K...  

So you are just gonna hafta suffer...  
baaa.gif

**Disclaimer I do not want to get in an arguement about which bike is better, I don't care about that.  This one just happens to fit MY riding style better.**

<span style='font-size:17pt;line-height:100%'>NOW, ON WITH THE SHOW!</span>

<!--EDIT|BusaFever
Reason for Edit: "cant speel..."|1111404656 -->

Here she is on my maiden voyage... What a great ride! I just took off on Wednesday afternoon by myself to get to know her. Rode for about 5 hours up to the northern side of the island and then came back...

16_Mar_05_Gixxer_1000_004.jpg

Took her out on Friday night with the gang to do some night riding...

She came with the above pipe, frame sliders, engine case cover, and a HID system.

If you don't have one, they are OUTSTANDING! I would say 3 or 4 times as bright as your normal headlights.

Here is a great pic for comparison. That is a TL1000 with its low beams on in the background...

20_Mar_05_007.jpg

Another pic of the HID system... Once again, you can see the TL behind my bike.

20_Mar_05_009.jpg

Then went on a nice ride Saturday afternoon, all the way to the northern point of Okinawa, called Cape Hedo. I rode my new gixxer1k of course. Let my friend ride my old GSXR750. He is having problems with his Kawasoki (imagine that
laugh.gif
) I think he is gonna buy it he liked it so much!

Here is the SRAD, its a great bike. I originally bought it for my wife, but just like last time I got her a bike, she got pregnant 2 months later... Good stuff eh?

So, I start riding it some, then thinkin... Hey this thing is fun! Needs some more power.... Hmm.
rock.gif
?

20_Mar_05_023.jpg

So the next thing I know, this beast is sitting in my driveway... Well sidewalk, getting a bath. (we don't get to have driveways in base housing)
cool.gif

21_Mar_Gixxer_001.jpg

Da pipe... This thing is unbeleivable. Loud, obnoxious, throaty, georgeous... I love it!

And, there aren't many of them. I haven't seen another yet.

21_Mar_Gixxer_012.jpg

So I got sum stuff on order.

ALL OF THIS FROM RIDEGEAR.com... The new site sponsor...
ZG Dark smoke windscreen.
LP Clear flushmount turn signals (front and back)
LP carbon inlay swingarm spools
Clear tailight with blinker integrator
New gel grips

And I got the tankslapper tank protector on order from thetankslapper.com
I didn't want to put an ugly bra on it and cover up that black!

I plan in the future a pyramid hugger, or maybe another brand.
and some gold rearsets, either sato, gilles, or something else that is good...

What do you guys think? Any suggestions?
I really don't want to go mod crazy, but I said that with my busa, and I in fact did go mod crazy.

Thanks!

-Bill

Ahhh man! That's one sweet ride bro!
super.gif
I'm glad you're (apparently) enjoying the move as much as I still am.
beerchug.gif
Wish we could let the black litres dance together in the mountains.
drooling3.gif
I'd love to hear that exhaust!
super.gif

Oh, and that smile you're wearing in that one pic where you show up in the mirrors... that's how I smile every single time I fire the 10 up for a ride!
super.gif

Keep the pics comin' man.
beerchug.gif

super.gif

super.gif

beerchug.gif

Thanks for all the compliments guys!
She sure is fun to ride... And georgeous on top of that. My perfect woman here!
laugh.gif

Back