Billet Grips

nxvette01

Registered
I am thinking of doing the billet grip mod. Can someone tell me if this is a good mod? I don't ride everyday more of a weekend warrior. I'm thinking of getting some from NYC Parts or Yana Shiki. They look to be the same grip. I like the black anodized set that says hayabusa on them.Would the anodize wear off after prolonged use? Or is this a "show only" item

Like this?

DSC04348.jpg

(nxvette01 @ Feb. 24 2007,11:32) Heavybusa, That is the same one I found only in black. Is there anything you don't like about them?
The only down side is that you cant use bar ends to fight vibrations, and they are not comfortable. Oh and they get hot in summer.

Just get gloves with good palm padding.

(heavybusa @ Feb. 24 2007,12:40)
(nxvette01 @ Feb. 24 2007,11
zzwhip.gif
) Heavybusa, That is the same one I found only in black. Is there anything you don't like about them?
The only down side is that you cant use bar ends to fight vibrations, and they are not comfortable. Oh and they get hot in summer.

Yea but they sure look sweet!

(nxvette01 @ Feb. 25 2007,01:55)
(heavybusa @ Feb. 24 2007,12:40)
(nxvette01 @ Feb. 24 2007,11
zzwhip.gif
) Heavybusa, That is the same one I found only in black. Is there anything you don't like about them?

Yea but they sure look sweet!
No doubt, its worth it to me.
beerchug.gif

I have seen a set that uses bar ends, but I am satisfied with these.

For whatever it's worth, I've got billet grips on my Bourget chopper and like them. Bling is good!

Bar ends won't improve, or even make a dent in the vibration a 124" S&S puts out so they aren't a factor with most high performance V-Twins.

You'll definitely need a pair of leather gloves. Perforated leather in the summer and non-perforated in the cool/cold weather.

I've never found a padded (palm) glove I've cared for. They tend to isolate you from the "feel" and the more precise "control" you'll want on the bars when riding.

Just my two cents.

I am on the same hunt for the perfect gloves, I own 4 pair now and none are exactly what I want.

(heavybusa @ Feb. 25 2007,12:28) I am on the same hunt for the perfect gloves, I own 4 pair now and none are exactly what I want.
Heavy;

I've had two pair of perforated leather gloves I bot from the local Harley store and like them alot. You might take a look.

(SLA1500 @ Feb. 25 2007,13:34)
(heavybusa @ Feb. 25 2007,12:28) I am on the same hunt for the perfect gloves, I own 4 pair now and none are exactly what I want.
Heavy;

I've had two pair of perforated leather gloves I bot from the local Harley store and like them alot. You might take a look.
I bought a pair from harley that had a 1 on the back.

They were great gloves, but the seams tore after a year of riding.

I may have needed a larger size, but they fit well.

(heavybusa @ Feb. 25 2007,12:39)
(SLA1500 @ Feb. 25 2007,13:34)
Heavy;

I bought a pair from harley that had a 1 on the back.

They were great gloves, but the seams tore after a year of riding.

I may have needed a larger size, but they fit well.
There are several choices, and you're right some weren't all that great.

I've ridden 10,000 miles with mine without any problem. Make sure you check the actual one in the pic.

(heavybusa @ Feb. 25 2007,12:43) Which style/model have you worn?
I've tried several... However, not the one you posted the pic of.

The one I really like is the one I posted the link for on the previous post. You can zoom in and really see it well on that website.

I like mine alot!! High quality leather, and great "feel" on the bars when riding.

(heavybusa @ Feb. 25 2007,12:47) I missed the link in the last post.
all_coholic.gif

I may have to try those,
I sure like mine. I wear an XL.

Tell you what, if you're an XL and don't like them I'd buy them from you. Wouldn't mind having a spare

Not sure how your dealer is there, but the Harley shop is good on "returns."

I'd still buy 'em from you if you don't like em.

Gotta run, lunch time!

Great offer, yeah Harley does not accept returns.

They wouldnt warranty mine when the seams busted.

I may take you up on that.
beerchug.gif

Back