Hayabusa Owners Group

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Bike Will Not Power Up!

Damon miller

Registered
My Bike won't start....insert key, turn ignion on...nothing.

2004 busa, pure Japanese import. Under 9k miles.

Daily use until yesterday. Started with no issues, idled it to warm it up then 5 mins later it shuts down on its own. Now it won't even turn on. Battery is charged, fuses are good...nothing is wet, sensors and computer is good...no big electrical mods. Don't see any signs of damage to the electrical system. All connections is sound.

The only thing I can think of is when she was idiling the temp got too high and it hit a tripwire (but only after 5 mins?) any ideas? I'm stumped for now.

(I'm an electrician)
FB_IMG_1463559960185.jpg

Lets start with the silly simple things first, in neutral? Kill switch set to On?

There is no overheat safety.
I'de check the rectifier, tip-over switch(in front of seat under tank), and kickstand safety switch.
3 common things that'll cause your problem..

Thanks man...I have a new rectifier installed. The side stand switch It's good. The gyro sensor for the tipping module is good too.

Been so long I can't remember, does the gen 1 have a main power fuse under the tail section like the gen 2 does?

Hope this helps

Have the battery load tested.

Since you already checked the main fuse under the seat and as long as the bike wasn't laid down it should fire right up.

Replace the battery; you will hear a relay (cluster) click that tells you the bike is ready to start.

Also check connections going to he fans in front of the header and make sure they have not melted together.

I have check all the connections..al are right and snug. Took the tip over sensor out and and it's not stuck. Fans wiring are good..replaced the battery as well and all the fuses. No power at all.

Mr. Electrician what is the DC reading of battery with key off / on , and while pressing start switch ?

My number is 603.581.8883 if you'd like to call and see if we can work out this problem together...

I wont have time till tomorrow . However since it stays 12.5 dc it could be ing switch connection . All fuses can check ok through continuity , but if switch wont allow power to system then your shut down . Lift your tank and trace out the ing switch connection make sure its not pinched or damaged . Also include any recent changes to your bike please

That's what I was thinking. It would be the next place to look if the keyed ignition has failed.

So...update...I've got a short somewhere that's blowing my main fuse. I just noticed that...I replaced the fuse and she fired right up, but then the new fuse blew...it's a 30amp fuse. now every time I put one in...it blows...this sucks. Now the tracing starts.

That does suck. Let us know where the issue is so we can add it to out collective knowledge. Just in case some one has a similar issue.

Top Bottom