Bike setup for mile and 1/2 mile racing

Here’s a video for you maxx ecu nut swingers. Fuel tech is a great unit. All the stand-alone are great and they all work. This guy picked fuel tech and let him have fun with it. So much negativity here going to drive people away from the forum. I have a maxx ecu and I love it. I would have gone fuel tech but the shop I dealt with knows maxx ecu so went with that.
Who said anything negative? I was just pointing out it can be done with stock ECU and to save the $4-6k at this point in time for something more important. By all means if you’ve got an open checkbook buy a Motec or whatever you desire but you don’t NEED to for current speeds is all I was saying..

All you guys should speak up but don’t just say “oh you don’t need that” and then end your comment.

Speak up, say what is needed and speak intelligently or provide a reference as to why you’re saying what you are. Otherwise you’re not contributing in a meaningful way.

Got busa you came correct and gave me good advice. That’s what I was looking for.

Tuco you’ve yet to contribute in an intelligent way and that’s fine but stop acting like you know everything.

I’m not trying to discourage conversation or individual thoughts but when ignorant stuff is said I’m getting tired of letting it go.

Anyway...
Moving on
For the guys like me who don't know;
Draggy
Does it do 1/2 mile and one mile times like it does the 1/4?
So if you had a couple miles of straight, empty road; you could practice and know by gps speed how fast you went in a standing mile?
Or, do any of these fancy dashes do that?
I have no lsr events close by, Maxton closed years ago.

Dragy does 1/8, 1/4, 1/2, and 1 mile. There are also 0-60, 60-130, 100-150, 0-130, and 60-0 mph.

I’m not sure why my screenshots of the app are such low resolution but i tried to post a picture earlier and it’s worthless or I’d show you what I see.

I’ve found it to be very close to the time slips I’ve got at the drag strip and feel it’s accurate enough for me.

Dragy does 1/8, 1/4, 1/2, and 1 mile. There are also 0-60, 60-130, 100-150, 0-130, and 60-0 mph.

I’m not sure why my screenshots of the app are such low resolution but i tried to post a picture earlier and it’s worthless or I’d show you what I see.

I’ve found it to be very close to the time slips I’ve got at the drag strip and feel it’s accurate enough for me.

Cool, thanks for the info.
I had my old gen2 to 197mph, gps, but in a mile and a half or more.
Maybe 200-202mph on a future bolt-on gen3, just because.
Knowing the distance it took would be really interesting.

I’ve also bought a built sv650 and it was fast. Gsxr front end, built motor, ohlins shock, no charging system and everything possible stripped. It was a proven winner.

Every damn bolt on the bike was over tightened. When I removed the brake calipers a heli coil came out with the bolt. I repaired it with time sert but what a pain to deal with. Never again for me.

I priced out a Gen 2 but for nice ones guys were asking between $10-14k. I paid $18k for a brand new one so the difference for me, wasn’t worth it.

Going fast on a road race bike is a lot more about technique than it is how expensive your bike is. Now I ride a 2015 zx6 on pump gas and I am faster than guys with bikes that cost 4X the money.

I absolutely don’t have the budget for road racing- those guys have so much money it’s crazy. Everything I put on this busa I pay cash for and can afford.

If my buddy can make it we are going to Buttonwillow in February for a few trackdays if anyone rides there let me know.

Fast sv650 but old and not worth the headache:
1671228612693.jpeg

I haven’t been there to ride and the trip is contingent on my friend being able to get time off. He’s also wanting to go to Laguna Seca and Thunderhill but I’m probably not going to make that trip..

I’m looking to go to Las Vegas in March to ride their drag strip and then Arkansas in May for the mile event.

Lastly will be the October Shift S3ctor 1/2 mile in Abielene, TX.

I hope to run at Vegas with the turbo this year too, I’ll definitely make it out there atleast once or twice but hard to say which bike I’d be on right now

I’m down to go to Vegas early or late in the year when it’s cold by me.

Wow did anyone see this Ford GT? 300 mph in a standing mile from a car that gets street driven! Absolutely awesome and I love cars like this. Super fast yet still have coolant and can drive in the street. Just like the drag and drive cars but for LSR.

That’s what my vision is for my bike, somewhat anyway. Turbo and big power but still a bike I can cruise on the street when I want. Fun af to ride but I’m not likely to break records which is okay with me.

So the Fueltech isn’t for my current speeds, it’s for what I hope to achieve down the road.

I’m down to go to Vegas early or late in the year when it’s cold by me.

Wow did anyone see this Ford GT? 300 mph in a standing mile from a car that gets street driven! Absolutely awesome and I love cars like this. Super fast yet still have coolant and can drive in the street. Just like the drag and drive cars but for LSR.

That’s what my vision is for my bike, somewhat anyway. Turbo and big power but still a bike I can cruise on the street when I want. Fun af to ride but I’m not likely to break records which is okay with me.

So the Fueltech isn’t for my current speeds, it’s for what I hope to achieve down the road.

Unfortunately that car didn’t do it in 1-mile but the full runway. Still impressive but Mark Heidaker is the only Ford GT streetcar to run 300.4MPH in a 1-mile distance.

They state standing mile in the story- “Bohmer’s “BADD GT” topped out at 310.8 mph in the standing mile on the very same strip at the Kennedy Space Center on December 9. This GT has 2,700 horsepower”

Is it not an official record because he didn’t do it at an ECTA timed event? That would make sense to me now that you mention it.

Seems standard for the Florida roll racers too. Who knows how fast they start in their 9/10’ths of a mile runs. :laugh:

They state standing mile in the story- “Bohmer’s “BADD GT” topped out at 310.8 mph in the standing mile on the very same strip at the Kennedy Space Center on December 9. This GT has 2,700 horsepower”

Is it not an official record because he didn’t do it at an ECTA timed event? That would make sense to me now that you mention it.

Seems standard for the Florida roll racers too. Who knows how fast they start in their 9/10’ths of a mile runs. :laugh:
It wasn't a mile tho it was till he got 310 is when he lifted and went off the end of the track car is stupid fast no doubt. I seen it run when it was in the 270s back in the day and that was unheard of

It wasn't a mile tho it was till he got 310 is when he lifted and went off the end of the track car is stupid fast no doubt. I seen it run when it was in the 270s back in the day and that was unheard of
Good to know and disappointing that such incompetence exists. I should know this by now. How are is it for them to just tell the truth…

As someone mentioned in another thread it’s best to use events with proper timing equipments- especially if you are claiming a record.

That’s why I can’t stand 1320 Video- everything is a fn “world record” for those guys.

Greg it looks like a great place for an event.

Good to know and disappointing that such incompetence exists. I should know this by now. How are is it for them to just tell the truth…

As someone mentioned in another thread it’s best to use events with proper timing equipments- especially if you are claiming a record.

That’s why I can’t stand 1320 Video- everything is a fn “world record” for those guys.

Greg it looks like a great place for an event.
"World record" gets the hits on YouTube lol

Unfortunately that car didn’t do it in 1-mile but the full runway. Still impressive but Mark Heidaker is the only Ford GT streetcar to run 300.4MPH in a 1-mile distance.

Thanks for pointing out that it wasn’t a standing mile! Nice that Jalopenik wrote a completely misleading story and then I posted it, effectively spreading misinformation if it wasn’t for your comment. :banghead:

Interestingly he’s calling out Mark Heidaker for a side by side race but asking for air conditioning and a short street drive before the event.

The street drive is a cool ask but I don’t see why he would ask the guy to install air conditioning. I don’t think any of the drag and drive events require a/c.

Htp is releasing a turbo plenum for the Gen 2-3 busa. It deletes the throttle bodies and has just one big on at the opening of the plenum
I emailed them yesterday and hope to get my hands on one. That would free up three inputs on my Fueltech!

I’ve purchased an ft600 from David and have a build thread in the Gen 3 section. He suggested I join a Facebook group but I don’t have Facebook. Is it worth creating an account to join that group?

Back