Big Bore/engine rebuild questions

(dreamin_of_ridin @ Feb. 02 2007,23:15) There'salot of people with 1397's that are completely streetable/driveable. I think it's just a matter of having the right set-up.
Paul
rock.gif
laugh.gif

Don

I too am planning on a big bore this year 1397 w/Web cams and NOS, I would check with Daniel (Goldenchild)...the guy is a WEALTH of info
wink.gif

(Professor @ Feb. 03 2007,04:24)
(GIXERHP @ Feb. 03 2007,02
super.gif
) To your first question, the JE pistons are lighter #1, they also have a lower compression ratio.
While I have not made any changes, I was doing quite a bit of reading late last fall. I was thinking about going into mine before the season.

In the 1363 and 1397 versions, Wiesco had the lower compression ratio.  In the std bore, JE has the lower compression. The difference is about a point in all cases which could allow a drop of 2 octane when trying to find gasoline on the road.

Make sure they get the deck height right regardless.

Brock has a pretty nice set of web cams that comes with his drop in stock bore kit. From comparing some numbers of the other stuff, they look like they would be pretty sweet in a 1363 without giving up much on the bottom. The Exhaust looks a lot like the stock Intake.  I may be trying a set during the year in mine. With a stock bore or a 1363 for the same reasons you list.
My 1397 runs fine on 87 octane

ya know ...chances are the tranny will come down here to R&D .... they are 15 minutes from me.
I'll go talk to Mark and ask what a ball park price to MF the tranny replace 2nd and the mate cog...under cut everything.
I might be able to save you some $$$ ....if nothing else, just cutting out a middle man.
Try to get a figure on what just the tranny work is running you.

(BusaCruise @ Feb. 03 2007,11:58) ya know ...chances are the tranny will come down here to R&D .... they are 15 minutes from me.
I'll go talk to Mark and ask what a ball park price to MF the tranny replace 2nd and the mate cog...under cut everything.
I might be able to save you some $$$ ....if nothing else, just cutting out a middle man.
Try to get a figure on what just the tranny work is running you.
The tranny will be 500 that includes undercutting, shot peening and shipping.

Don

(USN05LE @ Feb. 02 2007,22:04) Btw, we should get 180-190 whp and 100-110 wtq on 91 octane fuel.
What compression ratio are you thinking of running
rock.gif

(BA BUSA @ Feb. 03 2007,17:27)
(USN05LE @ Feb. 02 2007,22:04) Btw, we should get 180-190 whp and 100-110 wtq on 91 octane fuel.
What compression ratio are you thinking of running
rock.gif
Rich,

1363JE Prolite Piston @ 12.5:1

tuned for 91 octane

Bump

For some of you guys that I know you know a lot about these things, but might have missed the thread way down here.

Don

KWS motorsports, in North Carolina, offers a JE 1397 with lower compression! They have Je make a 84mm piston with 12.8 comp. Heres there link, Ask for Kevin, they should have a kit and block on the shelf!

well, Mine is bored & stroked and I ride it on the streets... Yes, they can run hot if you don't do any of the mods. I've riddin down in WestPalm, FL in the July heat/humidity without any issues. That was with all of the lights and traffic on rte 1. (no better test than that). Starting isn't an issue eathier once you mod that too.

This isn't what your after though. Just wanted to dispell any myths...

Since you're not porting I would just go with the intake cam. As far as pistons they're both good. I'm just stuck on JE's though.

just my .02

(Commuta_Busa @ Feb. 20 2007,05:35) well, Mine is bored & stroked and I ride it on the streets... Yes, they can run hot if you don't do any of the mods. I've riddin down in WestPalm, FL in the July heat/humidity without any issues. That was with all of the lights and traffic on rte 1. (no better test than that). Starting isn't an issue eathier once you mod that too.

Since you're not porting I would just go with the intake cam. As far as pistons they're both good. I'm just stuck on JE's though.

just my .02
What mods did you do to make yours live on the street being stroked?

(IFLYLOW @ Feb. 20 2007,06:53)
(Commuta_Busa @ Feb. 20 2007,05:35) well, Mine is bored & stroked and I ride it on the streets... Yes, they can run hot if you don't do any of the mods. I've riddin down in WestPalm, FL in the July heat/humidity without any issues. That was with all of the lights and traffic on rte 1. (no better test than that). Starting isn't an issue eathier once you mod that too.

just my .02
What mods did you do to make yours live on the street being stroked?
dual fans, honda thermo switch, 22psi cap, dist water & waterwetter, wrapped exhaust. toss the small line going from the head back to the pump. That's it. I've never had an issue with overheating.

Back