big bore

spkerhed

Donating Member
Registered
just got my 1397 kit and noticed that 2 of the cylinders have some pitting in them is that a problem or will it become a problem I dont even want to start to assemble it till I know

(spkerhed @ Nov. 09 2006,18:22) just got my 1397 kit and noticed that 2 of the cylinders have some pitting in them is that a problem or will it become a problem I dont even want to start to assemble it till I know
If it is pitted, i would send it back!!!
However is the pitting below the ring line when the piston is at bottom dead center, cause if it is, it shouln't matter.

(spkerhed @ Nov. 09 2006,19:14) the pitting is about half way up on one of the cylinders
I would diffenitly send it back!!!!!

Who did you get it from? ANd how much did you pay for it!

it came from one of the board sponsers but I dont blame him he probably didnt even see the jugs

here is a pic

IMGP2315.JPG

I would bet that you'll lose compression with it!
Or at least have a little blow by in the rings!

Send it back! It's probably just a simple oversight, but definetly send it back and get it taken care of.

Wow...turn that around and send it RIGHT BACK. No way should you be paying for something that is pitted that bad. You're going to get blow by and if it gets any worse (which it will) you'll lose compression in that hole. The only thing you can do at that point is get oversized pistons and punch it out even further, and at 84mm I don't know how much farther you can go before you have problems. Not a fun place to start when you're putting a motor together.

If it's a board sponsor I'm sure they'll have no problem making things right. Good luck. And remember, it could be worse, it could look like mine. Heh

Back