BDE "BRICK"

benzbusa

Registered
Has anyone installed Brock's Brick on their bike? The brick is supppose to help launching and 60 ' times. It is $175 and i would like to know if it is worth the money and how well it works.
Thanks in advance

brock doesn't make shiznit that doesn't work.... if you buy it you can pretty much guarantee to have your 60' time go down!!
cool.gif

Brock's products are good. It will help your 60' and 330'. I made my own and it weighs 22#'s. I'll try it for the first time in Rockingham.

I would say it works!

I believe Brock is still testing it but has knocked almost 2-tenths off his previous best (slam/prepped shop BUSA) time already with it. I might try one depending how I run this season.

$175 for a lead weight and a bracket to bolt it on to the bike. He's a genius if he gets people to pay that for it.

bowdown.gif

Thought I read somewhere that non-functional ballast was illegal, at least in some rulebooks?

<!--EDIT|LCW
Reason for Edit: "removed last night's grumpyness"|1078239226 -->

$175 for a lead weight and a bracket to bolt it on to the bike.  He's a fxcking genius if he gets people to pay that for it.

bowdown.gif

Thought I read somewhere that non-functional ballast was illegal in some rulebooks.  Not for the "urban" guys tho...
yeah but its also the correct placement of it thats critical also.

the bracket he designed is also what you pay for.

Low and forward - no secret there. And the bracket isn't complex. An L-shaped bracket. I'm not disrespecting the man, just amazed that someone will pay $175 for that particular part. I gladly slapped down $185 for his clutch cusion kit, so obviously I have faith in his products...

<!--EDIT|LCW
Reason for Edit: "-"|1078239298 -->

The bracket was easy to make(mine) and I added two more braces. It scared me haveing that weight hanging only from the oil-cooler and the oil pan.

I think It'll work, but I think that it is funny that most of us rack our brains trying to strip the bike of unecessary weight, and here we are adding more to it!!
cool.gif

Back