Back Protectors Discussion - which do you use, and which is best?

:thumbsup:

tlvbkprotector_1.jpg

Look into T Pro armor by Forcefield. This stuff is CE rated to the higher level 2 (which states that only 9Kn can pass throught the armor). Also, the 4 layer shoulder and elbow armor is rated for a 100 jouel impact and only lets 35 j through the armor. Forcefield is about to release its latest back protector that only lets 3.5 Kn through the armor, best rated stuff ANYWHERE.

Take a look on the net. Google CE rated armor. There is a lot to learn on this subject.

+1 Great protection that won't brake the bank.:thumbsup:

I think any back protector is better than no back protector. Sure some may be better at absorbing impact than others while others are better at keeping objects from poking through and while still others are better at abrasion.. Just like helmets there are good and bad points for every piece.

So I recommend comfort. Just like every other piece of protection. Comfort. If its uncomfortable you won't wear it. And it needs to fit "comfortably" with all your other gear. A back protector that fits good with Ba Busa's gear may feel uncomfortable with mine.

They're all better than no protection and we can argue for weeks about which is best. And since you can't predict exactly how you'll fall, what's the point.

Bottom line is "comfort".

I think any back protector is better than no back protector. Sure some may be better at absorbing impact than others while others are better at keeping objects from poking through and while still others are better at abrasion.. Just like helmets there are good and bad points for every piece.

So I recommend comfort. Just like every other piece of protection. Comfort. If its uncomfortable you won't wear it. And it needs to fit "comfortably" with all your other gear. A back protector that fits good with Ba Busa's gear may feel uncomfortable with mine.

They're all better than no protection and we can argue for weeks about which is best. And since you can't predict exactly how you'll fall, what's the point.

Bottom line is "comfort".

Very good point. Thanks! :thumbsup:

Back