Are there any differencies USA/Europe models?

OB_Notkis

Registered
As an expat I would like to know if there are any differencies between Hayabusa USA models and Europe ones?

I live in Chile and I am going to import the Hayabusa from Miami (USA model)to Santiago. Later on the bike will come with me back to Finland. There are some bikes - my friend just had to use 1000 USD to change the headlight to his Honda - that do not use European standards especially referring to headlights. How is it with Hayabusa in States? Does it have a letter "E" stamped on the headlight's glass? Could someone check it and let me know, please!

Jag tackar och pockar, Yngve!

It really makes sense to have similar headlights, but why and where there is a differencies between EU model and English one, then?

Norway is not a member of EU, so does it mean that Norwegian model is different than EU model?

Thanks a lot anyway!

Notkis. Although I dont own a US spec bike I own two different busas. One is the E2 model ( E2 is the English model ) and the other is a E16 ( Standard EU model ). There is no difference in the Headlights ( suprise suprise ) even though you drive on the other side of the road in England. This might say that they use one headlight for the whole world ( makes sense ). I dont know though so I guess U still have to wait until anyone from US replys. ( Might take a while , those Amerikans are a bit slow U know ( if this doesnt do it...I dont know what will heheheh ))

E13 on mine.
European models have the dreaded catalytic converter in the X=pipe. When you change to a pipe 10 hp more waiting for you.
Bob

I went out yesterday and had a look on my headlamp. It does have an E13 ( USA model ) with a circle around AND it is asymmetrical......How it is allowed in England I dont know. The partsbook doesnt show any different headlight for the UK bike .
And Yes both mine has catalyticthings in the exhaust but they are behind the X, They are between the X and the cans themselves.
And they are going away.........lol

[This message has been edited by Yngve (edited 03 September 1999).]

Back