Difference Between Hayabusa For American Market And European Market?

MESOZDER

Registered
Hi , does anyone knows difference(if there is any huge difference) between Hayabusa sold in USA and Hayabusa sold in Europe?
I know turn signals are different and speed is measured in mph vs kph but those differences are not that important. Any differences in engines or electronics(ecu). Someone mentioned that fuel/air mixture is different although i do not see reason why....
Any help is appreciated. Thanx

The only real difference i am aware of is the colors and maybe some emissions as you guys arent as tough as we are over here.

Euro busas have a factory ignition immobilizer. You'll see a small red LED next to the key cylinder.
The ecu flash is different because of it. No big deal though, as any busa/bking ecu can be flashed to any country code. The immobilizer must remain if a bike has it, and I know of no way to eliminate it anyway.
The stock air/fuel may/may not be different by country for emissions. Doesn't matter, as stock is stock anywhere, just the same as a good dyno tune for modifications.

What is your reason or concern?

My concern is if am gonna have problems of any kind if i drive this Hayabusa in normal way in normal conditions? if am gonna have issues with anything that can put issues on engine , ecu, or anything else thru normal riding conditions?
thanx again for any answer!!!!!!!!!!!
also is there any difference in horse power ??

My concern is if am gonna have problems of any kind if i drive this Hayabusa in normal way in normal conditions? if am gonna have issues with anything that can put issues on engine , ecu, or anything else thru normal riding conditions?

They are all basically the same.
Any hp difference would be from a different tune for a particular country's emmisions.
I'm unsure of if and what that may be too, but it is really a non issue.
Are you buying/taking a busa from one country to another?
Regardless, there is really no reason for any cocern.

I personally don't believe there's any major difference between U.S. models and models sent to other markets. We here have models for the Australian markets and some surplus north American units ( 09/13),the emission and red led immobilizer light and imperial speed gauge seem the only difference. However we tend here to ride them not drive them

My USA 2013 is equipped with the immobilizer, just not the red led. The new GSX-S1000F also have the immobilizer.

There is a market where the Busa is restricted to 100hp... France maybe? Whatever country it is, all bikes are limited to 100 horses regardless of what they are.

Can you imagine?!? :eek:

How do you know your 13 has it?
Well first I blew $4 bucks and had a key cut which works perfectly in the gas cap and the seat/hump release but not the ignition. Then I read through my Service Manual which describes the system and how it works. Red led or no red led, the Busa is subject to locking you out if the key code is misread.

Last edited:
Well first I blew $4 bucks and had a key cut which works perfectly in the gas cap and the seat/hump release but not the ignition. Then I read through my Service Manual which describes the system and how it works. Red led or no red led, the Busa is subject to locking you out if the key code is misread.

Maybe changed along with abs adition(unrelated, just only change to gen2, and started in 13).
Because prior U.S models don't have it.

I'd like to hear more on this topic. Without the correct key, the ignition lock wont even turn. This is different than the ecu inhibiting ignition & starter functions.

I'd like to hear more on this topic. Without the correct key, the ignition lock wont even turn. This is different than the ecu inhibiting ignition & starter functions.
My understanding about the key is there is a micro chip in it. When you buy a new key the chip is not programmed, the Suzuki agent gets the key programmed with the coding of your particular bike and identify chassis number.

i bought my '08 last October which only came with one key, took it to CVS & had one cut with a blank key from ebay, it would turn the ignition to on but panel didn't light up, nothing worked. so I chanced it & took it to a key shop & says their machines are precise & guaranteed their workmanship but says they will only cut their blanks, yup, it worked & haven't had any problems. i think I paid less than $10. i am still using the cut key. However, don't know if there is a difference between a '08 & '13. Good luck.

They are all basically the same.
Any hp difference would be from a different tune for a particular country's emmisions.
I'm unsure of if and what that may be too, but it is really a non issue.
Are you buying/taking a busa from one country to another?
Regardless, there is really no reason for any cocern.
I am from europe and i have found hayabusa in great condition first gen hayabusa. so i want to buy it but it is a hayabusa for american market. that is why i need to know if there is any differences. thanx .

If it hasn't got an evap canister I'm not sure it would pass your emissions tests ! Others will be along who know what there talking about as I have no idea what the Americans test or if it would be a problem

evap canister is on secon generation hayabusa? since am buying first gen hayabusa

Evap is not on U.S gen1
To my knowledge it would only be on a California gen2, if at all. Have to ask the west coast guys. California emissions are different than the rest of the country.
As for the rest of the U.S, it depends on where you live if they check emissions at all.
The Bking (gen2 engine) came to U.S. in 08 only. It had the evaporation canister. I still have mine, you can have it free if you need it.
The only problem I could forsee with a U.S gen1 for you would be emissions.
All I know is that it's strict for you guys.
I would think that with stock exhaust you would be fine, and worst case, a dyno tune.

Back