Anyone who had a Gen 1 NOT LOVE the Gen 2

I had an '06 Gen I. I now own a '08 Gen II. All I can say is ---I don't regret the trade!
thumb_up.gif

I went with the 07 and Happy I did.

No Premium Gas needed like the 08, for me it IS an issue, and f the OIL Companies!...

07 here, I love my bike! As said above the reason for the huge cans on the 08 is because of emission regulations, and more than likely will be removed anyway. I like the looks of the 08, and it of course is supposed to be an improvement performance wise of the original. Look at it this way, imo mod the gen1 to perform better and mod the gen2 to look better! Let's just ride... can I ride someone's 08?
ThumbsUp.gif

have both ... buy the gen II ... unless money is a problem......
Have both the Gen1 and Gen2 busas. Love them both for all their dissimilarities.

Like it, love it, hate it, whatever's your particular 'beef'...The Gen2 is a better bike. Period.

I like the 08 busa from a technological standpoint....its def a better bike in every way than the first gen. But unfortunately some of the things they could of improved, like rider comfort and vibes, they didn't......and its one ugly mofo from the seat back
wowold.gif
and just looks too wide and cumbersome overall. It needed a complete redo not just a bore/stroke and new bodywork. I doubt I'll be owning one.....but if the price is right?
dunno.gif

Well, I could have saved a lot of money if I had went Gen I but I just loved the new look of the K8's. I love everything about them, even the tail. Not that the GenI was a bad looking bike by any means. But the new look combined with the upgrades sold me.

Suzuki was crazy making those massively ginormous K8 bazooka mufflers.

Crazy like a fox.  
laugh.gif

The mufflers are huge because of the complex engineering involved to allow Suzuki to meet CARB 2008/Euro 3 emission specs. Suzuki knows full well that a significant percentage of their customer does 2 things upon taking delivery of the bike: replace the exhaust line, and chop off the rear fender.

So who really gives a flying rip what the tail & mufflers look like coming outta the crate; it's not like it's going to stay that way for very long.

So let them make a 50-lb exhaust system if it lets them legally sell the bike under today's brutal emissions standards. Replace it with a 13 or 14 pound full system, and you transform the looks while losing 37 pounds of dead weight. Score!  
cool.gif
+1, I had an 04LE loved that bike, havn't rode my 08 yet, but from what I hear it's a monster. I've put an R-77 CF pipe, and Pipercross Race air filter on it, no PC. So it should really scream now.

my lil 176rwhp on my K2 is more than enough for me..... But the 08's have grown on me and it's like a sibling thing.... I love em' all the same.. It's a "cult"...

Orange and Black in the 08 is the only way I would GO.  They have one at "Goodtimes" here in SAC.  I don't dare ask what they will give me for my 06.  But then again ??  You only live Once !!!!!
dunno.gif

the new busa makes the old bike look & feel obsolete in everyway, if anybody is saying that the genI's are better they have not ridden one or they can't swing getting the new one so they bash on it.

Back