Anyone who bought a busa recently ...

Blah Blah Blah... There's this dude I heard of got his Busa Just for giving the Sales Dude a 12 Pack of Corona...

REV!!! I told ya not to tell.    
wink.gif

<!--EDIT|RaiderDm
Reason for Edit: "1126"|1097600292 -->

I financed mine for 13.5k OTD, but that included a gift cert, extended warranty, tax, title, licensing.

I got my financing through Suzuki, on their summer special of 100$ a month for like 5 years and an intrest rate of 7%...

I pay 360$ a year in insurance for my Busa through state farm... That's full coverage with 100k/300k/50k coverage and a 500$ deduct.  oh and I am 25... no tickets and no accidents on my record.

I pay 180$ a year for my 96 yamaha YZF 600R, same coverage.
I pay 1080$ a year for my 95 Toyota MR2, same coverage.

<!--EDIT|Crispin
Reason for Edit: None given...|1097614372 -->

I bought my Busa recently. $10,845 OTD. That also includes an extended warranty. I shopped around, and saved a few bucks when the dealers matched each others prices. Good luck

-Live in the middle of fuggin nowhere...  
CHUUCH thats the only good part about bein stationed in this hell hole usaa 46 bucks a month full coverage
USAA wanted to refer me to an underwriter - but they took too long to get back to me. With Geico, I pay 650 a year for liability and comprehensive with $100 deductible, but I do not have collision - that would have been an extra $1500 a year.

Maybe I should look up USAA again!?!

The last few people I have talked to about USAA said they wouldn't cover them. Suppos....they contract them out to another company now....don't remeber the name but I think Progressive or something.

So if you didn't have a motorcycle policy with them before a certain date or your record looks kind of iffy, they won't cover you at the reduced rate!
rock.gif

I haven't had any trouble with them. I am on my 4th bike (2nd-Busa) and haven't had any problems.

Also the first year with USAA, your rates might be a little higher. But once you get past that first year, they drop pretty good....plus that's not counting the refund check I get every year.

I think they do this to keep people from constantly switching back and forth.

Didn't buy recently, but last summer I paid $10.2K OTD in NC.  Insurance is about $2400/yr with USAA for my truck/'Busa/Volusia, all with full coverage and $250 deductible. And the end-of-year check!

<!--EDIT|BigBSBusa
Reason for Edit: None given...|1097790345 -->

Got my 03 Gray/Silver for 10,5 OTD. Ins for me considering I'm 25 in Los Angeles is $586.00 a year or I pay 293.00 every 6 months. Full coverage of course, can't take a chance in L.A., so shop around and keep us posted.

You guys in the eastern half of the country are some lucky sob's...lol. They ream us on the west coast bigtime. Damn overpopulated year round riding money pit
mad.gif
Wait...we get to ride year round and have some of the best twisties in the nation...
tounge.gif
maybe it aint ALL bad
wink.gif
biggrin.gif

Hey guys, I may be an ignoramous for asking, but which insurance is USAA?
rock.gif
I've heard (seen...) you guys talk of this company, but what does the acronym stand for? It seems that you guys get good rates with this company and I want to see if it's chartered here in Louisiana. Thanx in advance.

I'm not exactly sure what USAA stands for but you can find out about anything else here: www.usaa.com/

They are based out of San Antonio TX and cover World Wide.

<!--EDIT|Got-Busa?
Reason for Edit: None given...|1097977053 -->

i just got my bike yesterday and friday i called usaa and they do not have insurance for bikes anymore they tell you to go with progressive,but now i know to go with state farm.
can i get my downpayment back for going with progressive last friday,anyone know?
wow.gif
they got me for 2400 a year full coverage and 1000 deductable but it is harsh at 307 per month no tickets and no accidents

<!--EDIT|silver04busa
Reason for Edit: None given...|1098053113 -->

USAA insures the military and dependents thereof. If you are in the armed services, or your parents were, you can usually get in with them as well. I am not aware of any other method of acquiring their services.

I managed to get bike insurance through them in May of this year (0 experience) and am on my second bike (SV1000S). USAA does not give discounts for taking the MSF (at least not in Washington) but I'd recommend taking it anyhow if you are relatively new.

If they stopped writing bike insurance policies, it's news to me.

I just started the process to switch to USAA from Geico, and USAA quoted me: $253 for 6 mo, full coverage (including collision) 250 deductable. They were going to do this by adding the bike to my auto policy, since they do not issue separate M/C binders anymore. Then I told them I was in an accident a year ago - no citation but insurance listed us both at fault. Once USAA heard that, they refered me to thier underwriting department who told me they wouldn't cover me but to check back in two more years. They did refer me to Progressive - but they're rates were ridiculous! I'm staying with Geico - but no collision
sad.gif

You guys in the eastern half of the country are some lucky sob's...lol. They ream us on the west coast bigtime. Damn overpopulated year round riding money pit
mad.gif
Wait...we get to ride year round and have some of the best twisties in the nation...
tounge.gif
 maybe it aint ALL bad
wink.gif
biggrin.gif
Try here....

13600 W/O licensing and such.

Back