Anyone who bought a busa recently ...

kinyu

Registered
A dealer is getting a quote for me on a busa tomorrow, and I want to make sure they don’t take advantage because I’ve never financed a bike before, always just bought em outright. So what I wanted to know is; what interest rate did those of you who bought a busa recently get?
Thanks for the help.

The interest rate is based on your credit score, so anyone else's score is immaterial to your score. A word of advice for buying any vehicle is to arrange your own financing BEFORE you go to the dealership. It increases your bargaining power, and keeps you from making a bad decision in the heat of the moment because you really want the bike. Dealers will often markup the interest rate as added profit, plus if you get approved at a rate from your credit Union or bank and the dealers rate is lower, you can use their financing.

The interest rate is based on your credit score, so anyone else's score is immaterial to your score.  A word of advice for buying any vehicle is to arrange your own financing BEFORE you go to the dealership.  It increases your bargaining power, and keeps you from making a bad decision in the heat of the moment because you really want the bike.  Dealers will often markup the interest rate as added profit, plus if you get approved at a rate from your credit Union or bank and the dealers rate is lower, you can use their financing.
Yup, go through your own bank, and go to the dealership Pre-approved for X amount... I would try to get it done for Prolly right around $11K Tags Tax and Title included OTD... But go in pre approved and make certain you have an insurance quote or two allready done so there won't be any surprises for you there....

Be aware that financing will usually require very expensive full coverage insurance. I am 40 with a clean driving record and was quoted $4750/yr for full coverage. This was the best price! My broker told me that some companies have black-listed the Busa and other superbikes and will not issue a policy under any circumstances. I ended up buying the bike outright with a combination of cash and cc and got 100K/300K liability for about $450/yr.

I see that you are in Phx. YSA Motorsports did $11.2K including TTL for a red one last month. As of a week ago they had at least one red '04 on the showroom floor. I dealt directly with Joel the manager. They may even go lower if the 2005's start to appear soon as is rumoured.

<!--EDIT|drlucian
Reason for Edit: None given...|1097459495 -->

Blah Blah Blah... There's this dude I heard of got his Busa Just for giving the Sales Dude a 12 Pack of Corona...

Holy Hell... Insurance is pricey... Shop around... Full Coverage $250 Ded. USAA $800 a year.
Really best idea is to pay cash.. Don't finance, but that's not the reality for most. As for the $9200 or $9500 prices you'll keep hearing about are generally folks who simply don't understand WTF OTD means... or they didn't have the Dealer handle the Registration and Tags for them... anyhoo I paid $9300 for the BIKE, then after it's all said and done, taxes, TAGS AND TITLE... You know I went back a week later and got my plate from them??? $11.2k

Mostly I was just parroting Sane-man up above though, get pre-approved and for a set dollar amount...

just got mine sat and paid 10 otd. ins is 440 yr with state farm, but my house ,cars ,dogs, and cats are all insured there .6% is a pretty good rate for recreational merchandise, I work at a Pontiac Gmc dealer so the manufacturers captive finance co may have some special rates. good luck with your buy if you live in the southeast, steve @ gainesville motorsports in gainesvile ga is the man!!!!!!!!!!!

Insurance is gonna be da' killa on your deal....when you finance you have to have full coverage...and its prolly gonna be BY FAR the most expensive vehicle you've ever insured in your life. If you finance over 5 years you'll pay more in insurance prolly than for the bike itself. I bought mine outright, but wanted full coverage for the first year to keep Murphies law at bay. I'm paying 1100 through progressive which I thought was outrageous till I heard some of the other rates us Busa owners are paying. The Busa's almost un-insurable it seems. If at all poss you should either try and buy it outright (home loan ect) or pick up a nice used one and just get theft/fire/vandalism coverage on it (388 a year for me through progressive). Otherwise you're gonna be paying ALOT for that beautiful Busa.....

<!--EDIT|The Big Red One
Reason for Edit: None given...|1097536547 -->

I know this is different for everyone but this is my .02 worth. I bought my 5 months ago and financed it through my Credit Union with an apr of 2.9%. OTD was 10,899 with a JR Meteor 4 and a HJC Helmet. My insurance is only 51/month through State Farm and they insure my house and two other vehicles.

I agree with what was said previously....go pre-approved. If I would have gone with suzuki finance the apr was quoted at 8.9%

Anyhow, good luck

We got ours five months ago with all fees, taxes, tags etc...We arrived early and watched them assemble the 2004 bike right out of the crate....$9935.50 OTD
thumbs-up.gif
Paid in full with not even one inch on the odometer.

<!--EDIT|Dulimon
Reason for Edit: None given...|1097539480 -->

State Farm seems to be the absolute best way to go to insure the Busa. I haven't heard any lower rates. I'm paying $800 a year for full coverage with USAA. I don't think I have seen a State Farm rate Higher than that..

To further lower your Insurance rates?
rock.gif

-Be over 25, then be over 30....
-A clean driving record
-A motorcycle license
-MSF Course completion
-Actual YEARS of riding experiance
-Get Married
-Get a college Degree
-Have good credit
-Buy a House
-Live in the middle of fuggin nowhere...

Then your insurance rates will be much lower.
laugh.gif

State Farm seems to be the absolute best way to go to insure the Busa.  I haven't heard any lower rates.  I'm paying $800 a year for full coverage with USAA.  I don't think I have seen a State Farm rate Higher than that..

To further lower your Insurance rates?
rock.gif

-Be over 25, then be over 30....
-A clean driving record
-A motorcycle license
-MSF Course completion
-Actual YEARS of riding experiance
-Get Married
-Get a college Degree
-Have good credit
-Buy a House
-Live in the middle of fuggin nowhere...  

Then your insurance rates will be much lower.
laugh.gif
Agreed except for living in the middle of fuggin nowhere. My insurance actually went up like $9 a month because my commute went from 47 miles one way to 79 miles. Still can not complain though......
biggrin.gif

3.9% for me through Wright Patt. credit union.

24-years old

USAA $260 for 6-months FULL COVERAGE($250 Deduc.)!

STATE FARM 400 YEAR 500 DEDUCTIBLE.
AS STATED GET PRE-APROVED AND THEN SHOP. THEN U HAVE THE POWER TO GO ANYWHERE AND BUY.
U WONT FEEL LIKE AN INMATE.... LOL

IF you finance through the dealer, Suzuki does not require full coverage insurance on the bikes anymore. They realize that Insurance companies are ripping off bikers.

Blah Blah Blah... There's this dude I heard of got his Busa Just for giving the Sales Dude a 12 Pack of Corona...

Holy Hell...  Insurance is pricey... Shop around...  Full Coverage $250 Ded.  USAA $800 a year.
Really best idea is to pay cash..  Don't finance, but that's not the reality for most.  As for the $9200 or $9500 prices you'll keep hearing about are generally folks who simply don't understand WTF OTD means...  or they didn't have the Dealer handle the Registration and Tags for them...  anyhoo   I paid $9300 for the BIKE, then after it's all said and done, taxes, TAGS AND TITLE...  You know I went back a week later and got my plate from them???  $11.2k

Mostly I was just parroting Sane-man up above though, get pre-approved and for a set dollar amount...
Rev you military? also i called a place in Ohio and he said his OTD price after everything was about $9600 for an 04. Here is the website to the dealer if anyone wants to call them and verify it themselves.

http://www.hondaeasttoledo.com

Back