Anyone Use A Boosterplug?

Finally got the booster plug. Not sure how much use I'll get to report my findings since I live in central New York.
So far looks good. Good instructions, 10 minute install is a plus, cool sticker included.
I'll get it installed in the next few days and if we have some decent weather, I'll test it and report back. Otherwise this will get rehashed in the spring.

IMG_1827.JPG

IMG_1829.JPG

Thanks for sharing. From what I found, it's been popular among BMW riders since they were the first bikes it was created for and they all seem to report exactly what the inventor claims for results.

If you go to the guys website and look through his "how it works" page he actually makes a fairly compelling case.

Quite stupid, actually :) You could have bought a 20 cent resistor and did the same thing, you can hide a myriad of issues with fuel injected bikes by running them on the rich side, doesn't mean it is right. Fuel maps are way more complicated than that . . .

Nope... It doesn't constantly run rich and the proof of that is in the gain of mpg's. Go read more about the product.
I agree that running rich is not a fix or correct but if our bikes are notorious for running lean to the extent that even adding a power commander on a stock bike improves throttle response and stumble, then why would the same fix(booster plug) for $100 less and improved mpg be stupid?
I don't need maps, I have bolt on cans and a stock intake. This is just another option, it's not going to put dynojet out of business, They're apples and oranges.

Nope... It doesn't constantly run rich and the proof of that is in the gain of mpg's. Go read more about the product.
I agree that running rich is not a fix or correct but if our bikes are notorious for running lean to the extent that even adding a power commander on a stock bike improves throttle response and stumble, then why would the same fix(booster plug) for $100 less and improved mpg be stupid?
I don't need maps, I have bolt on cans and a stock intake. This is just another option, it's not going to put dynojet out of business, They're apples and oranges.

No, actually, I did read it. I have been dyno tuning bikes for well over 15 years. What they need - even stock - varies at different throttle positions and rpms. Sometimes bikes need less fuel, not more, and again - it varies all over the fuel map itself. I could go in and lean your bike out to 13.8 - 14.0 for improved mpg; would that be stupid? Yes, it would. You probably wouldn't believe it if I told you that a completely stock busa's stock fuel map is wrong from the factory and can be vastly improved - I have installed and tuned powercommanders on stock busas and made more rwhp and torque with stock exhausts. It is not always about more fuel, sometimes it is about less. A product like this is not going to put Dynojet or Bazzazz out of business for sure, you are correct. But throwing more fuel at wide portions of a fuel map is not the correct thing to do, forgive me if I don't jump on board. Good luck with your purchase, I am sure there are people that would be interested in your seat of the pants impressions. I would still bet that if I put a bike with a booster plug on my dyno, the air/fuel would be wrong, regardless. Thanks for posting.

Frank
POWERHOUSE

Why wouldn't I believe that a stock busa's fuel map is wrong from the factory? That's why I'm plugging in the booster plug...
Again, the booster plug doesn't throw fuel at a wide portion of the fuel map like a resistor that YOU suggested would.
I'm not interested in perfect fueling, I'm interested in smoother throttle response. If my seat of the pants finds that a 6%increase in fuel on idle and some throttle positions is an improvement and I get better gas mileage then it's a win. 6% where the bike is already considered lean will not make it so rich that I cause problems and if anything is probably better than running lean. Not everybody chases horsepower and needs a dyno tune or the ability the change maps, which is where I fall.
Is the booster plug a failure if my butt likes how my bike runs and I get better mpg's for years to come? Not sure how many of these have been sold but I've found several people on other forums that love them and have used them for quite a while. No snake oil claims that I've found.
Let's not turn this into an oil or backpressure argument please. I'm simply here to share MY findings. Thanks for posting.

No, actually, I did read it. I have been dyno tuning bikes for well over 15 years. What they need - even stock - varies at different throttle positions and rpms. Sometimes bikes need less fuel, not more, and again - it varies all over the fuel map itself. I could go in and lean your bike out to 13.8 - 14.0 for improved mpg; would that be stupid? Yes, it would. You probably wouldn't believe it if I told you that a completely stock busa's stock fuel map is wrong from the factory and can be vastly improved - I have installed and tuned powercommanders on stock busas and made more rwhp and torque with stock exhausts. It is not always about more fuel, sometimes it is about less. A product like this is not going to put Dynojet or Bazzazz out of business for sure, you are correct. But throwing more fuel at wide portions of a fuel map is not the correct thing to do, forgive me if I don't jump on board. Good luck with your purchase, I am sure there are people that would be interested in your seat of the pants impressions. I would still bet that if I put a bike with a booster plug on my dyno, the air/fuel would be wrong, regardless. Thanks for posting.

Frank
POWERHOUSE

Worth noting that they make no claims of more power, only enhanced drivability. Really interested to hear how this works for you!

I am banging my head how truly stupid people are in now 2016. Buy the way I will sell you this wire for 100.00 that will get you 50 mpg

How about this...stop being a bobo. I didn't disrespect you and I did enough research on this product to feel confident I was getting what I wanted. If I get improved rideability and mpg maybe others would be interested also, which is why I started this thread...not to argue with you or anyone else.
Funny how people on forums hijack poop with nothing but opinion. Ive had several instances when building cb750's from the ground up where I was told by a "more experienced/respected" forum member that something couldn't be done and they were wrong so I will continue doing what I do and figure it out for myself, regardless of your ignorance. Try proving the booster plug is snake oil and I'll buy your $100 wire.

I am banging my head how truly stupid people are in now 2016. Buy the way I will sell you this wire for 100.00 that will get you 50 mpg

Back