Anyone Use A Boosterplug?

TheJwexperience

Registered
I saw this on eBay and initially thought it was a gimmick but after searching on the google it looks like it might be legit.
I'm wondering if anyone has used it?
Basically, it tricks the bike into thinking the ambient air temp is 20 deg lower and adds 6% fuel to the mix. On a closed loop bike(I'm assuming the busa is), the O2 sensors in the exhaust put the bike back to its original map when just cruising. When accelerating, the O2 system falls behind and the Boosterplug kicks in. This is a very surface level explanation but it sounds like the beemer guys have had luck with this thing smoothing out throttle response and actually improving mpg.
Let me know what you guys think, I'm seriously thinking of getting it because I only have two bros slip ons but think our lean burn engines could use a little massaging. I know the pcv would be more flexible but I'm not thinking of modding for performance down the road and the Boosterplug is more than half the price.
I'm willing to be the Guinea pig if people are interested in the results too.

Guess that means I would have to put an o2 sensor back on my bike before it would work. We'll I'm out. :D is an interesting idea. If you do try it out, I hope you report your findings back to us.

I have not had it flashed and just for reference, I have an '06 busa. White limited because that adds five hp's at the wheel on sheer looks alone! Lol
How much is a flash?

You can flash an 06. It's just the first two years (99-2000) that you can't flash, I think.

To quote my buddy when I was complaint about poor truck fuel economy, "I didn't buy my truck for fuel economy." how ever my bike gets 50ish mpg at 80 mph indicated.

I am interested in what the effects on your bike will be. My just be my bike But I think mine burns rich. Oger thought so to when I started mine up.

I looked up that link and it sounds like it's similar to a tre. Is this accurate or is it like a re-map?
I'm interested in the booster plug because it will add a small amount of fuel and possibly improve economy.

I've heard nothing but bad from a tre. I just had my 2 gen flashed, and it made a world of difference.

Last edited:
Thanks for the info... I might go with the booster plug so I don't have any down time and I'll do a review of it. First I need to do a little more research on the product itself.

Tre will put every gear into 5th gear timing map. Which is wrong, considering you're in 1-4. I had a bazzaz z bomb. It works, but ecu tune is much much better.

I've heard nothing but bad from a tre. I just had my 2 gen flashed, and it made a world of difference. 1-3 pull like a freight train now, due to adjusted timing from factory settings. Fan comes on a few degrees quicker. Top speed limiter is off. O2 sensors off. And I'm sure there's more. Bike still gets 40-45 mpg...when I do my part. Keep in mind I'm also +3 in the rear.

O2 sensor is still on and active.
PAIR is still on.
STP's(secondary throttle bodies)1st/5th map copy/pasted to 2,3,4, and 6.
STP fueling is now 100% in every cell, every gear. This is Not the air/fuel, just using 100% of fuel already available.
Fans on/off 10 degrees sooner.
Fuel soft cut removed(rpm limiter raised automatically by 600).
Fuel hardcut still active.

1st, 2,3,4th gear lower timing restrictions removed, and top speed limiter automatically turns off with that.

Last edited:
O2 sensor is still on and active.
PAIR is still on.
STP's(secondary throttle bodies)1st/5th map copy/pasted to 2,3,4, and 6.
STP fueling is now 100% in every cell, every gear. This is Not the air/fuel, just using 100% of fuel already available.
Fans on/off 10 degrees sooner.
Fuel soft cut removed(rpm limiter raised automatically by 600).
Fuel hardcut still active.
What he said^^^^. You would know huh? I highly recommend it.

Last edited:
Back