Anyone Use A Boosterplug?

I'm with frank and Johnny on this one. That thing is fancy snake oil.

6% increase is pretty substation. Hell the ram air compensation that the ecu uses is a 6 or 7% increase, and that's at over 55mph when the bikes stating to get air crammed in to it.

If it was so simple to make more power and have better response just by adding fuel, why do people spend so much money on aftermarket cams, cylinder heads, turbos ect if all you need to do is add fuel.

If it's suppose to add 6% more fuel, how are you getting better fuel mileage? More fuel= less mileage. So either you've mislead us, or that thing is doing other stuff to the ecu other then adding fuel.

You in Houston? I'd love to put it on the dyno and see exactly what it's doing.

I'm with frank and Johnny on this one. That thing is fancy snake oil.

6% increase is pretty substation. Hell the ram air compensation that the ecu uses is a 6 or 7% increase, and that's at over 55mph when the bikes stating to get air crammed in to it.

If it was so simple to make more power and have better response just by adding fuel, why do people spend so much money on aftermarket cams, cylinder heads, turbos ect if all you need to do is add fuel.

If it's suppose to add 6% more fuel, how are you getting better fuel mileage? More fuel= less mileage. So either you've mislead us, or that thing is doing other stuff to the ecu other then adding fuel.

You in Houston? I'd love to put it on the dyno and see exactly what it's doing.

I'm in central New York which is why I might not be able to give it a proper road test for a few months. I would love to get it on a dyno to see what it does.
Best thing I can say is check out the website for technical details. Mcn and webbike both say it performs as advertised,as well as, hundreds of posters on several other forums. It has the best following with BMW which is the first bike it was made for.
From what I have read, the plug does not permanently change the a/f to add 6%. It only does it at idle and under acceleration. Once you're cruising it reverts back to the stock settings. One of the magazines suggested that the mpg improvement was from a change in shifting due to the improved throttle response. I'm sure that will vary depending on the rider.
I tried like hell to find dyno results but couldn't. I would even be willing to send it to someone reputable that would be willing to test it.

I'm in central New York which is why I might not be able to give it a proper road test for a few months. I would love to get it on a dyno to see what it does.
Best thing I can say is check out the website for technical details. Mcn and webbike both say it performs as advertised,as well as, hundreds of posters on several other forums. It has the best following with BMW which is the first bike it was made for.
From what I have read, the plug does not permanently change the a/f to add 6%. It only does it at idle and under acceleration. Once you're cruising it reverts back to the stock settings. One of the magazines suggested that the mpg improvement was from a change in shifting due to the improved throttle response. I'm sure that will vary depending on the rider.
I tried like hell to find dyno results but couldn't. I would even be willing to send it to someone reputable that would be willing to test it.

That's the thing, all the reviews I've rear have all been "seat of the pants" reviews. Nothing dyno proven, which tells me it's a placebo.

That's the thing, all the reviews I've rear have all been "seat of the pants" reviews. Nothing dyno proven, which tells me it's a placebo.

I agree about the seat of the pants reviews. I notice my bike seems to have a pretty abrupt throttle at times and shifting is not as smooth as other bikes I've ridden, similar to other complaints that those seat of pant reviews had corrected. I'm not in this for performance, just rideability and these have been out for years at this point while being pretty well documented to have many satisfied customers. It's tough to find people that had a negative experience that actually tried the booster plug. I would think somebody would have put it on a dyno to show that it's a gimmick after several years.
I did just find one post where somebody claimed an extra two hp after install but nothing on a/f.

Just so we're clear if this thing doesn't do poop, I'll report that as being the case. I can appreciate a constructive conversation about this because that helps others make a good decision on what to do or not do. Ignorant posts calling me stupid or saying I should have spent twenty cents on a resistor then later saying you can't properly tune a bike unless you put it on a dyno because adding fuel everywhere on the map could hurt the engine don't help.

It is a resistor . . . the fact that it kicks in at idle and out in the upper rpms doesn't make it a complex fuel management unit. From years of tuning, I can honestly
tell you this: every bike is different. I don't have one "map" for a Gen 1 with a full exhaust that I drop into the pc of every single bike that comes in with that combination. In fact, I have done so many Busas with pipes I can tell you that every map is different. They have to be custom mapped individually. And again, you can "hide" issues by throwing more fuel at it than what is actually correct. That is why we spend over $30K on dyno rooms and associated equipment. I would not rest my reputation this type of product, it is a flash in the pan that you won't see around next year. It is no surprise to me that tuners associated with this forum have spoken out negatively about it. Your honest seat of the pants review I look forward to, please don't let the fact that you flushed $100 down the toilet cloud your final assessment . . .

Just so we're clear if this thing doesn't do poop, I'll report that as being the case. I can appreciate a constructive conversation about this because that helps others make a good decision on what to do or not do. Ignorant posts calling me stupid or saying I should have spent twenty cents on a resistor then later saying you can't properly tune a bike unless you put it on a dyno because adding fuel everywhere on the map could hurt the engine don't help.
And if it doesn't blow your skirt up he says right on his sight he has a money back guarantee. What do you have to lose aside from more derision from the people who have already spoken out against it here? If it does work you look like a genius!

It is a resistor . . . the fact that it kicks in at idle and out in the upper rpms doesn't make it a complex fuel management unit. From years of tuning, I can honestly
tell you this: every bike is different. I don't have one "map" for a Gen 1 with a full exhaust that I drop into the pc of every single bike that comes in with that combination. In fact, I have done so many Busas with pipes I can tell you that every map is different. They have to be custom mapped individually. And again, you can "hide" issues by throwing more fuel at it than what is actually correct. That is why we spend over $30K on dyno rooms and associated equipment. I would not rest my reputation this type of product, it is a flash in the pan that you won't see around next year. It is no surprise to me that tuners associated with this forum have spoken out negatively about it. Your honest seat of the pants review I look forward to, please don't let the fact that you flushed $100 down the toilet cloud your final assessment . . .

Again, I never claimed it was a complex fuel management. I really do understand the difference between getting a pc and having a map for my specific bike where fueling is adjusted in increments throughout the rev range and this unit that is a resistor of sorts.
It definitely is not a flash in the pan(which you would know with any amount of research), it's been around for seven years already and has a extensive following with other riders who claim improved rideability and sometimes improved fuel economy. Look up the electrical engineer with 25 years experience with bikes and 10 years building fuel injection systems.
I am saying it's not exactly the same as a resistor because it has its own temp sensor and at times will defer to the stock unit. You continue to tell me the importance of a dyno tune but I don't want to spend $800 or more. $150 makes more sense to get rid of a stumble and I won't blow up my engine. I don't drag race and I might put 1500 miles on a year cruising with the occasional power wheelie and I only have a bolt on exhaust.
I have no reason to have a clouded assessment so don't lose sleep over it. This is why I feel like I'm beating my head off the wall, probably about the fifth time I've stated the above.
I do understand that my bike will not go 250mph and get 80mpg.
I'm not saying these things to prove to you dyno guys that I'm right and your wrong, only that im not blowing $150 on a stupid eBay product that is unproven and will ruin my bike. After seven years you would think that somebody out there would say their bike blew up or began running like garbage but instead I find thread after thread of satisfied customers. All I see here is a thread being hijacked by simple inertia instead of being informative.
If anyone is interested in the results, send me
A pm. I guess I'll just post if there's interest instead of wasting so much time here.

$800 on a dyno tune for a stock bike? Man I need to raise my prices. Hell I don't even get that for fully built turbo bikes that take a half a day to tune...

No one here ever said you were stupid. Simply a few experienced builders and tuners with years of experience that have seen every hp gimmick on the internet tested on our dynos.

If that thing only controls fuel at certain rpm and throttle areas how does it know when to turn on and off if it doesn't see a tach signal, or tap in to the tps sensor signal wire...?

$800 on a dyno tune for a stock bike? Man I need to raise my prices. Hell I don't even get that for fully built turbo bikes that take a half a day to tune...

No one here ever said you were stupid. Simply a few experienced builders and tuners with years of experience that have seen every hp gimmick on the internet tested on our dynos.

If that thing only controls fuel at certain rpm and throttle areas how does it know when to turn on and off if it doesn't see a tach signal, or tap in to the tps sensor signal wire...?

You obviously forget that I would have to buy a power commander too so feel free to add that to your cost. And go read about the product because your last question makes no sense if you've payed any attention. I'm not trying to pick a fight with you, I'm over this thread and arguing anything with people that refuse to look into the product.

Awesome thread !

I can across the Booster Plug in my search for "something" to buy for a Busa. As JW stated, there are tons of product reviews from purchasers who liked the product.

... look into the product ...

The product makes no claims of adding horsepower or torch. It's just to smooth out idle and throttle response when accelerating.

If I were going for power = ECU tuned; power commander and dyno tune for sure. But that's not what I'm looking for. I don't want any more power; like JW I just want better idle and smooth throttle response. Not that a ECU tune couldn't do that but not for $99.

Also, If I were going for power my bike wouldn't have slip on mufflers and K&N filter. I would be supercharging or adding turbo; something of that nature. Not trying to smooth idle or throttle out.

I don't want, plan or have any aspirations of more rear wheel power. I'm still, after two year, getting use to the power it has. I have fun and enjoy the ride of a Busa; it blows my hair back every time.

I'll send JW a message to compliment him on his composure; and to see how he liked the Booster Plug.

Awesome thread !!

:bowdown:

Back