anyone bracket race??

justa-busa-girl

Registered
hello i was just bored so i though i see who all bracket races. Our race season starts in a week and a half, i hope my new bike is in by then, im starting to get a little worried suzuki is late delevering it to the dealership. Are any of you going to be in a point series this season??

More like a second job instead of a hobby. Hope you have a safe and successful season too! Best of luck
thumb_up.gif

I bracket race the PMRA series. I plan on index racing the 9.50 Super Street class this year also. Our season starts the 19th. I don't have the talent or the budget for heads up racing.

S-R, Are you coming down the 19th?

s-r thank you!!! great luck to you too!! and professor same to you. our season starts the 20th but that wont be a points race. would you happen to know if a strap that i bought for my 2004 gsxr 1000 will work on the 2008 busa? lol its that time of year when im really trying to diet to get as much weight off as possible.. ugg im hungry
sad.gif

I race PMRA and Pro-Bike. I'll be running an ET class and the 9.50 index class. I've already run a race and done a couple of TnT's.

Rick, I can't wait to see your bike go with the new mods bro!!

Anytime J-B-G, I think most lowering straps are universal fit. I'm just not sure about the caliper mounts on the K8's. Professor?? Lots-o luck on that diet

I have been since 1980 yea im prehistoric.

Track champ (gold card holder) I get in free all year.

I did get beat 1st round indy prostar guy cut a .001 on me

delay box of course I had a .040

IMG_5521.jpg

me on the busa (just 4 record 14 came over around 5 times

took its  $$$ every time.
tounge.gif

THis is a heavy hitter bracket bike starcycle motor slider clutch crossover delay box with line lock on rearbrake wired in with delay box.Thats a 1981 gs1100 it has also raced in s/c class.

100_2522-1.jpg

billbusa-2.jpg

http://s171.photobucket.com/albums....022.flv

IMG_4886.jpg

professor thanks ill get that bracket kit!! and i believe you said that i need to get an after market triple clamp? sorry for the stupid question but how does that work compared to the stock one?? or are spacers the way to go??

I think the triple clamp or cover deal is the way to go. However it is not the cheapest. You can see in this picture the forks are slid up through the tree. The stock one will not allow that. Spacer work also, but they also raise the handlebar up the same distance. Not really the "best" solution for drag racing. CDIPrecision here makes the best looking replacement I have seen for the 08. I've heard it is the only one that fits and allows the controls to clear the fairing.

post-18-77727-jophousebike.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
thank you very much for the imfo, i didnt realize that the stock wouldnt allow you to slide them up! Ill probally purchase that!! thanks again for taking the time to help me out!!

I bracket race. There is a game to it, you will learn over time ;)
lol oh yeah i know the game , ive been racing my bike and transam for a little over 5 years now, i love bracket racing , ive always just raced my bike stock with it a couple inches lowered, so it will be nice to get busa really set up for the strip!!

I'm running in 3rd at the Carolina Team Meets (I think).

I'm not much at the bracket stuff, but I have fun playing with the stock bike.

I sold my dragbike. Now I'm looking for a decent chassis and body for a built turbo motor. Until then I will play the bracket game with the stock monster.

I would consider some if not most bracket bikes 2 be dragbikes.

These bikes were in the pro-et class @ prostar

I think the green bike was 7.90 dial in.

IMG_4924.jpg

IMG_4919.jpg

IMG_4953.jpg

Back