Throwing races ??

NIGHTFLIGHT

Banned
I know thats considerd dispicable amung most race fans +hard core racers.
I however do have attituder prob after our track went 2 the nhra points system.They took top 10 racers + adjusted points.They put #1 up by 20 then #2 10 above 3 +#3 10 above 4 down the line.I was 3rd @ time and 170 points or 17 rounds ahead of 4th.LAST WEEK ONLY 10 AHEAD man talk about just giving somebody a chance for top 3.I did increase that margin 20 ahead of 4th so clinging for my life top 3 position now after i did have it sewn up least 3rd anyway.If I race my brodie thats in 2nd = HE IS CLOSE TO FIRST NEAR END SEASON I MIGHT TAKE A DIVE TO HELP HIM WIN POINTS IF WONT AFFECT MY STANDINGS.Also acusations of bringing bumper riders in to help pad peoples points has been brought up.THERE REALLY THROWING FITS IN SUPER PRO CAR CLASS BECAUSE THEY DONT DRAW LIKE WE DO.aCUSATIONS OF CAR COUNTING LAGGING BACK ON PURPOSE + THROWING RACES ALREADY STARTING 2 FLY.only 7 races left I got finish top 3 I have worked my behind off stay top 3 Do i suck if i throw a race near end season 2 help my compondre??Also you think it happens in pro,s say your name is Robert Hight + some guy named JOHN FORCE SIGHNS YOUR PAYCHECK+YOUR RUNNING HIS DAUGHTER WHO CAN TAKE POINTSLATE IN YEAR+YOUR OUT OF IT.
What do you do????

Last edited:
I think throwing races to help a friend is bullshyte. Thankfully, at our track, there's only really been one instance of it, other than people giving up the stripe. If you're out to race, go race. I know NONE of the guys I race with(5 or 7 of us) will lay down for anyone else. We've had two guys, one of which failed to show up to the line for their final, and have called them on it with just a chuckle out of them. Do what you're going to do, but I'd never ask anyone to lay down for me, and I wouldnt lay down for anyone to keep them ahead in points.

quite a conundrum. This happens all the time in F1. Team orders, etc. Heck, Richard Childress teams in Nascar would have Dave Marcis qualify a car in case Dale Earnhardt needed help with 3 points or so, Dave was always there to finish behind Dale, no matter what. It is bunk though. Sponsors and the like do make it more difficult at the pro level, but do what you have to do, if you can live with it, so must everyone else. Good luck with the races

only if he is splittin his winnings with u:rulez:

HE WILL. I RACE 4 FUN AS WELL BUT HAVE BEEN IN THE $ 8 TIMES THIS YEAR. if its last race of season +he is close or tied for first if we race I will just leave on top yellow.I still have chance win the gold card myself but 2+3 least get a trouphy 1st get free entry all next season.

this is 1+2+3+4 currently im 3rd

jju2qp.jpg

aag08n.jpg

AOL.com Images Not Available

97ryvd.jpg

29pf2ab.jpg

e85ugo.jpg

All are delay box bikes
I HAD A KID ON HONDA 929 LAST WEEK WOULDNT TELL ME HIS DIAL IN.
WE ARE ALMOST READY GO +HE SAYS STILL DONT KNOW:rofl:
I had go get my glasses+a flashlight so i could see do it (im old eyes dont work good up close) he finaly told me
I had race with small flashlight+glasses in my leathers least didnt break them.
When he saw delay timer he said what is that thing?
I dont think he liked it.

HE HAD A HORRID LIGHT I WAS SPOTTING HIM 2 LIGHTS HE GAVE 1 BACK .500 RT PASSED 1/2 TRACK AND SHUT IT DOWN 6.90 @ 65MPH ON A 6.31 DIAL IN.:thumbsup:

I saw this all the time... it is just about the same thing as "splitting" the pot "pre-run" :)

Division titles are often won by a round or 2 and many member tracks will have 6 or more competitors at a division race just to run blocker for the points leader... take out opponents or just have a late light against the "good" guy :) In the "Pro" ranks, it is not quite as common (at least openly).. Team orders are pretty rare in NHRA so far..

I wont do it if it could cause me drop to 4th.Or if I have a chance 2 advance but if im not able inprove my position i will help a buddy.What about team Force think they might do that near end season?

I wont do it if it could cause me drop to 4th.Or if I have a chance 2 advance but if im not able inprove my position i will help a buddy.What about team Force think they might do that near end season?
hmmm having match raced with John over the years? not likely... that guy you see on TV? pretty much the same guy we always lined up with at the match races... never say loose....

Now, perhaps the money behind the scenes might have a different say.. :)

its just a thing my dad used to say......i think any honorable man would rather earn his position in the standings, than take a gift from someone.

Well the way the did points system not fair 2 me.
They redid the points 3/4 way thru year like nhra does.
I was 17 rounds ahead of guy in 4th now im 2 rounds ahead (was 1 round ahead last week but advanced a little.I know im going do it if it comes down 2 that.
I gotta help my team any way i can.

Back