First real bracket race

loboboy

Donating Member
Registered
Just thought I would post up here, I may not be the fastest guy here but I finally went last night and raced in a bracket class at the local Track. I must say I am very happy with my performance.

I Time Trialed 4 times and dialed a 10.68 for the night. First round ran a 10.72 and won that round. The last round I ran a 10.66 on a 10.68 dial in broke out but I was very happy with my results. Placed 2nd for the night even though there were only three of us, I was racing against pro-bikes with air shifters and the works, so my full street trim and no strap I think I did pretty good for the first time.

Thanks for listening and i can't wait to do this again.

Great job how are u coming out of the hole,(slipping the clutch) RPM and any burnout before run or just ride around the water. Getting ready to try mine.

Honestly I am slipping the clutch but not very much, launch RPM is around 6500-7000 and I think I am tripping the 60FT lights with the back tire because they are really slow like in the 1.80's but I don't know for sure, I am new to this. I am looking into a strap for the front and a MPS shifter to help so we will see how it goes.

I go around the water box and just turn the tire over to clean it off, I don't do much of a burnout just a little. It seems to work for me but my weight helps with traction, but it (weight) hinders my times. But for bracket racing it doesn't matter how fast I am, just as long as I am consistent.

<!--EDIT|loboboy
Reason for Edit: None given...|1149516904 -->

those are good numbers for a first-timer dude! I ran 11.20s down to 10.90s my first time out, so good job! next time you head out, drag a friend along to take sum pics-we LOVE pics here!
smile.gif

if u dont like the air-shifter prices, look at Dynojet's Quickshifter:works similar, allows u to shift up at full throttle without touching the clutch!

<!--EDIT|BigDiesel
Reason for Edit: None given...|1149520848 -->

those are good numbers for a first-timer dude! I ran 11.20s down to 10.90s my first time out, so good job! next time you head out, drag a friend along to take sum pics-we LOVE pics here!
smile.gif
it was a night time race so the pics would not have come out very well. I am going maybe next weekend during regular racing and should be able to get some good pics.

Good job. Have fun. Talk to the other bike racers, if you can, they will give you advice, until they consider you a threat. Watch and listen, you will learn a lot from them.

congrats on the times, im going 1/8th mile this friday. dont have any other 1/4 mile tracks around here lately.

adam

Honestly I am slipping the clutch but not very much, launch RPM is around 6500-7000 and I think I am tripping the 60FT lights with the back tire because they are really slow like in the 1.80's but I don't know for sure, I am new to this. I am looking into a strap for the front and a MPS shifter to help so we will see how it goes.

I go around the water box and just turn the tire over to clean it off, I don't do much of a burnout just a little. It seems to work for me but my weight helps with traction, but it (weight)  hinders my times. But for bracket racing it doesn't matter how fast I am, just as long as I am consistent.
You are NOT tripping it with your back tire....

Back