And this guy has a say in how our country is run?

WuzzaCBXRider

Donating Member
Registered
This is the second time he’s gone blank in public. In public. We’ve also seen him with unexplained facial bruising and swelling. Sure signs of a face plant. All he ever says if anything is, “I’m fine”.

There ought to be an upper age limit for politicians. Biden, Trump, Feinstein, McConnell and many more are too old to be in office.
I’d be in favor of a mandatory retirement age of 70 for any elected official.
One reason why Ramaswamy is in the news a lot is because he’s only 38 and speaks to a different generation.
He has no chance of winning but he’s showing lots of enthusiasm and energy that the old folks list long ago.

There ought to be an upper age limit for politicians. Biden, Trump, Feinstein, McConnell and many more are too old to be in office.
One reason why Ramaswamy is in the news a lot is because he’s only 38 and speaks to a different generation.
He has no chance of winning but he’s showing lots of enthusiasm and energy that the old folks list long ago.
I wouldn’t say age is a factor as I’ve known some pretty smart and active old folks. But they should have to take cognitive tests annually past a certain age.
If people like Feinstein and McConnell are not truly alert and aware then who is telling them how to vote and who’s telling those people what to do?

Absolutely agree on the age limit. I’ve always thought that and even more now as I’m in my mid 60’s. Ramaswamy has some good thoughts but flops around worse than anyone in recent memory. Surely there’s someone more qualified than Biden or Trump. There has to be.

You’re right Red 05. Biden is too old and Trump is too divisive (and too old).
And there’s the matter of the Hunter Biden problem.

A vote for Biden is a vote for Kamala for President since, if elected, Biden could very well die in office.
And if Trump gets back in, our country will be paralyzed with hate and division like it was before.

You’re right Red 05. Biden is too old and Trump is too divisive (and too old).
And there’s the matter of the Hunter Biden problem.

A vote for Biden is a vote for Kamala for President since, if elected, Biden could very well die in office.
And if Trump gets back in, our country will be paralyzed with hate and division like it was before.
The only reason we were full of hate and division when he was in office is because constantly 24/7/365 the msm fanned the flames and twisted every one of his words into something racial or hateful. Imagine how well things coulda been if cnn and the like hadn’t brainwashed the sheep into thinking he was something he wasn’t. America was and woulda have flourished more had the damn democrats just worked with him and given him credit when it was due. He took out a known wanted terrorist with American blood on his hands and their headline was ‘Muslim cleric killed in US attack’. Every single thing they spun against him and not ONCE did a single one of them say ‘Mr President good job.’

Damn! This thread was not intended to bash trump or biden, but merely to show that mcconnel has gone round the bend. So has feinstein. She had to be told where she was and why she was there (and) what to say. Her mental faculties are shot. And no matter how ‘alert’ mcconnel might be a few minutes before of after (an episode) where his mind goes to never never land, he too is past it. Neither one should be allowed to finish out their terms much less run again. They’re done! Hopefully the voters will agree as it’s not likely they’ll be forced out.

As for the next prez, if you saw the GOP debate you know there isn’t even one them suited for the Office. So far at least, there doesn’t seem to be anyone else besides biden and harris. I don’t like harris and I don’t believe she’s suited for the Office either. But, I don’t think she would do any real harm if biden can’t finish another term. The House and the Senate wouldn’t let her. Trump should be a non issue for the voters. He’d be dangerous, really dangerous if he was elected. How many criminal charges is he facing? He couldn’t give two shiits about the Constitution and only uses it when it benefits him. He’s a traitor and a criminal and a bigger liar than george santos. :laugh: And (he’s) still in office too!!!:confused: Who the hell would trump pick as a running mate? Think about that, and since the issue of biden and trump has been hashed out ad nauseam in several other threads, please continue that worthless argument in one of them.

I wouldn’t say age is a factor as I’ve known some pretty smart and active old folks. But they should have to take cognitive tests annually past a certain age.
If people like Feinstein and McConnell are not truly alert and aware then who is telling them how to vote and who’s telling those people what to do?

...the same people that have been telling them what to do for years
lol

There should be an age cap or at least some really good qualifiers for older people...

I know lots of older people who are sharp as a tack and a few who aren't.....

Put any of them in a very stressful position such as the President or Prime Minister of a country in these days, I'd be concerned for them and the country.....things spool up pretty quickly and big life altering sound decisions need to be made sometimes at the drop of a hat....

I don't think you can look at an age when people are no longer functional. Some people lose it at 50 and others are sharp as a tack at 90. In Mitch's case, he is not a good example. He took a fall and they are not letting on how serious that fall was. He has some serious cognitive issues. Biden is no worse at delivering a line than he was 20 years ago. The guy used to stutter and has never been exactly eloquent. Reagan was sharp until he got shot, again they didn't let on how serious this was, especially the blood loss he experienced.

Personally, I am amazed at how much smarter I am working with young people in the office. They have ego problems, are slow to realize what's going wrong, and often are completely confused about what to do or how to do it. It's so great not having the weight of politics or trying to be popular getting in the way of critical decisions. I am 100% more formidable at 62 than I was at 40.

I don't think you can look at an age when people are no longer functional. Some people lose it at 50 and others are sharp as a tack at 90. In Mitch's case, he is not a good example. He took a fall and they are not letting on how serious that fall was. He has some serious cognitive issues. Biden is no worse at delivering a line than he was 20 years ago. The guy used to stutter and has never been exactly eloquent. Reagan was sharp until he got shot, again they didn't let on how serious this was, especially the blood loss he experienced.

Personally, I am amazed at how much smarter I am working with young people in the office. They have ego problems, are slow to realize what's going wrong, and often are completely confused about what to do or how to do it. It's so great not having the weight of politics or trying to be popular getting in the way of critical decisions. I am 100% more formidable at 62 than I was at 40.
I cannot imagine how you think Biden is same as he was 20yrs ago? That’s quite the ridiculous statement sir.
Let’s just go back 13yrs why don’t we…
And now…

There ain’t a single person with a brain cell who can say he’s the same or even cognitive these days.
Cmon man!
He’s lost in his own head…

I got out of the corporate world before what the normal age dictates and started my own business. Running my own business at my own pace is easy in comparison, as I certainly don't have the drive or motivation the Fortune 500 culture demands at executive level any longer. The worst part was when you get to the point where you have studied it, lived it, walked it, succeeded, and got respect when the only way to obtain results were swimming against the current. Then you end up with a younger generation who still has to learn a lot, however they think they know it all and you have to try and steer them in the right direction, as well as endure the patience to live with their mistakes. The motivation just disappears.

See the link below, but generally if a CEO or a company Officer/Board member gets over 60, there is a decline in performance. IMHO politicians at 65 should make way to let the younger generation take over. There should be an age limit for anyone in a high pressure high demand job.

IMHO, DeSantis is a great candidate and folks like Mitch, Trump and many others, should be enjoying life on a cruise vacation or something. Trump's poll numbers are a scary indication of what has happened to the dignity, morals and loyalty to traditional values, when it comes to the general public. Also hard to understand why a 70 + year old guy would rather not live a peaceful life and enjoy the fruits of his labor. At most he has 15 years left, and is already way beyond his best before date.

I don't know Arch. Perhaps times are changing.

They say there are two ages in life where you know absolutely everything. The one is 16 and the other is 40. ;)

All I know is at 40, I could still win a bicycle race against the 28 year olds and I sure was at the peak of performance in my profession. The absolute will to compete, perform and win was way above later in life.

I couldn't see myself operating in my former profession at the level I was in my 40s...

Usually when people get to be my age (or slightly younger) they end up on a desk like I did....being on a desk is less than exciting so I retired.

When I was fighting from a desk I ended up dealing with a bunch of younger officers of which many thought they knew everything...I spent a lot of time educating them....the good thing is I was successful in teaching them and leaving them with an entirely new perspective.

Damn! This thread was not intended to bash trump or biden, but merely to show that mcconnel has gone round the bend. So has feinstein. She had to be told where she was and why she was there (and) what to say. Her mental faculties are shot. And no matter how ‘alert’ mcconnel might be a few minutes before of after (an episode) where his mind goes to never never land, he too is past it. Neither one should be allowed to finish out their terms much less run again. They’re done! Hopefully the voters will agree as it’s not likely they’ll be forced out.

As for the next prez, if you saw the GOP debate you know there isn’t even one them suited for the Office. So far at least, there doesn’t seem to be anyone else besides biden and harris. I don’t like harris and I don’t believe she’s suited for the Office either. But, I don’t think she would do any real harm if biden can’t finish another term. The House and the Senate wouldn’t let her. Trump should be a non issue for the voters. He’d be dangerous, really dangerous if he was elected. How many criminal charges is he facing? He couldn’t give two shiits about the Constitution and only uses it when it benefits him. He’s a traitor and a criminal and a bigger liar than george santos. :laugh: And (he’s) still in office too!!!:confused: Who the hell would trump pick as a running mate? Think about that, and since the issue of biden and trump has been hashed out ad nauseam in several other threads, please continue that worthless argument in one of them.
We’ll put. I didn’t mean to derail your point. McConnell is definitely past an ability to do his job. I mentioned Trump and Biden because are both well past their prime as well.

Well all of these examples are different. Biden is older but he is outperforming any modern president relative to getting his agenda passed. You can say it's his staff but everyone on the inside says he is a genius legislator, which is what you would expect from his long congressional career.

Mitch was one of the most formidable leaders in DC just 1 year ago. He fell and was injured (or maybe had a stroke). Look at it another way, Without Mitch, you would not have the right-winged Supreme Court we have today, and he did that after 60.

Barbara Boxer and RBG are the best examples of people just being old and staying past their usefulness.

Trump is another issue. Personally, I think he is well into dementia. Watch his body language and he is desperate and losing control, assuming he even ever had it.

The bottom line is you can't just make everyone quit at 60. That's no different than saying females can't do something or no Blacks (although many of you won't see that as a bad thing, haha). Older people have a valuable perspective, just like younger people do. The fact that older people keep these positions is not old people's fault. Young people need to step up, not prohibit their competition from playing the game.

Would it be really dangerous if Trump was re elected and finished the border wall and cut off the flow of illegals and drugs, child sex slaves and criminals from other countries getting into our country anomalously in record numbers?

Would it be really dangerous if we allowed American energy producers to go full force and restore a high level on energy independence by exporting our domestic petroleum products because we have all that we need here? Not to mention lower energy prices reduce price inflation overall.

Would it be really dangerous if got out of the Iranian nuclear deal so Iran doesn't develop nuclear warheads to bomb its enemies with?

Would it be real dangerous if we got out of the Paris Climate Accord where we follow rules that other countries won't?

Would it be real dangerous if the Trump tax cuts were reinstated?

Would it be real dangerous if our minority unemployment hit the levels they hit before the scamdemic?

The charges he faces will only stick if the kangaroo court system is allowed to continue with a judge that will make sure the fix is in.

Whats really dangerous is all the law fare going on... Weaponizing the DOJ, FBI, NSA, IRS and other agencies is now factual and on the record... but... you like it because the means justifies the end result. Its good to learn how to hate, isn't it?

The charges against Trump are just more of the same BS that we have already seen play out multiple times. Turning state level misdemeanor crimes into federal felonies takes some real creative law fare... but... you love it... Orange Man Bad.

As far as the subject matter moving focus from one aspect to another... everything is connected... stand back and look at a bigger picture.... everything going on affects everything else that is going on... you just can't see it.

You mentioned Trump not operating in a constitutional manner... I agree... the first thing he should have done in 2017 was have Hillary arrested for destroying 33,000 supeaned e mails, smashing the black berry phones that were federal government property and also requested by a supeana. Also not to mention using a private server to send and receive highly sensitive documents that were her state department duties that went outside the record of official government business. What crime would you call that one on Trump for? Dereliction of duty?

As far as a running mate goes... De Santis is fine by me... several other leaders would be good but they aren't in the debates because they probably don't want the job anyway.

Back