am i too heavy for my bike?

(BigDiesel @ Feb. 14 2007,22:41) 6'7" n 240 here man-no probs with stock suspensions so far, even with my ah....."feathweight" wife in tow
tounge.gif
these things are built to take alot of abuse!
super.gif
Yo D- last stats you posted were 6'7" and 220...

rock.gif

You get married or somethin'?
laugh.gif

Women that hot aren't supposed to be able to cook!
SHOCKED.gif

(ONE MORE BUSA @ Feb. 15 2007,19:09) I dont think your too big, but i think this guy in the picture might be a little too big.
Gawd...
crazy.gif

That dude turned a Busa into a suppository!!
SHOCKED.gif
SHOCKED.gif

SHOCKED.gif

(SLA1500 @ Feb. 15 2007,21:41) Had to ride 3-4 miles two-up ferrying bikes in Daytona last year on a Busa.  I'm 275, and my buddy is 210.  Pretty crowded to say the least, but the bike never bottomed out and it felt surprisingly composed...
Now there's a Kodak moment
poke.gif

meeree,
Actually I have realized that you are too big for your Busa so you had better just send it to me.
all_coholic.gif

I'm bigger than you in both directions. You'll be fine stock unless you are planning to push hard through the twisties or do allot of track days.

(ONE MORE BUSA @ Feb. 15 2007,19:09) I dont think your too big, but i think this guy in the picture might be a little too big.
Damn you for using my picture
pirate.gif

To dial in your suspesion..... then yes, your too heavy.  To just ride it and have a blast, no your not too heavy.    Turn the fork spring preload up so you have only 1 or 2 lines showing and tighten the rear shock spring preload 1 turn.  Then it's a matter of adjusting the rebound and dampening to suit your tastes. This should help tremendously on the handling.  
Still, until you get heavier springs your bike will not be fully setup for your weight. I'm 6'4 290 and use my stock suspended Busa just fine. I'm not the corner carver type i used to be though.

GM hit the nail on the head.

You have to decide what you are going to do with your busa.

BUT once you ride a bike with properly set up suspension or have yours done, the suspension will be 1st on your mod list on any new bike you buy.

I simply cannot tell you how much difference it makes.

(meeree @ Feb. 14 2007,18:52) ahah ok awesome. just making sure...if i needed to do you guys know how I would go about stiffining the spring a little?
laugh.gif
oh he said spring
tounge.gif

(BigDiesel @ Feb. 14 2007,20:41) 6'7" n 240 here man-no probs with stock suspensions so far, even with my ah....."feathweight" wife in tow
tounge.gif
super.gif
U so squiddy
poke.gif

(BigDiesel @ Feb. 14 2007,20:41) 6'7" n 240 here man-no probs with stock suspensions so far, even with my ah....."feathweight" wife in tow
tounge.gif
super.gif
Come on BigDiesel, don't mislead the man. Tell him the truth that you are 5' 7" and weigh 150 lbs. and ride a busa replica pocket bike.
biggrin.gif

(ONE MORE BUSA @ Feb. 15 2007,18:09) I dont think your too big, but i think this guy in the picture might be a little too big.
Makes you wonder if he's ever lost his speed hump in the crack of his butt.

biggrin.gif

(That was from the wiff, btw!)

Seriously, I weigh 265 and the stock suspension was just fine.

HOWEVER, if you rebuild it for your weight with Race Tech components, front and rear, you'll notice a vast improvement in handling. Costs about $1,000 to $1,200. Well worth the investment. You could spend more on Ohlins or other brands if you care to.

--Wag--

(basscrazy @ Feb. 14 2007,20:49) Dude, I thought you were going to say something like 500+ pounds.....  

Like Big G. said
LOL! Yeah, that's what I thought he was gonna say too!

ices_rofl.gif

Back