am i too heavy for my bike?

meeree

Registered
hello my fellow riders! I am new to the forum and I was just thinking....i am 6'2 and weigh about 255lbs. Am I too heavy for the stock suspension on my Busa?
rock.gif
input appreciated. take care guys!

I thought these bikes were made for a 160 lb jap man?
rock.gif

ahah ok awesome. just making sure...if i needed to do you guys know how I would go about stiffining the spring a little?

I am 6'6.5 I now weigh 295...however have been riding the piss out of mine at the 375-379lb range. I recommend new shocks/forks all that jazz. Coming from a guy who rode vmans after traxxion dynamics got ahold of it...wowsers...HUGE DIFFERENCE....but yeah it will carry you....this is coming from a big guy himself who likes to leave as little of chicken strips as possible....
beerchug.gif

laugh.gif
I'm 300 + and I can tell you that you are not.

BUT if you want to roll low with a passenger you will need to make some changes.

6'7" n 240 here man-no probs with stock suspensions so far, even with my ah....."feathweight" wife in tow
tounge.gif
these things are built to take alot of abuse!
super.gif

bigdiesel_burnout.JPG

(BigDiesel @ Feb. 14 2007,22:41) 6'7" n 240 here man-no probs with stock suspensions so far, even with my ah....."feathweight" wife in tow
tounge.gif
these things are built to take alot of abuse!
super.gif
BigD,
I am 6'2" @ 250 and I never get used to pics of you and your bike. You make that bike look tiny.

Don

I'm 6' currently 246....usually 240. No problems it still gets up to speed.
super.gif

431.gif

Had to ride 3-4 miles two-up ferrying bikes in Daytona last year on a Busa. I'm 275, and my buddy is 210. Pretty crowded to say the least, but the bike never bottomed out and it felt surprisingly composed...

Back