All busa knees on the ground only!

These photos were taken at a large practice area we have out here south of town. What’s appears as loose rock is actually the lighter asphalt showing through a sealing layer put down a few years ago. Not the best place to practice, but its better then the street. We will be at the Texas World Speedway at the end of this month. Hope to post a few photos from there.

Just a thought, but I imagine that except for a select few of us here, getting the knee's down may not be as much of a problem as finding a place and setting up the equipment and wife/buddy/pro to take the darn picture...  It's not something you can just bust out in front of the garage like a burnout...  It takes planning, and a certain extra effort to want to have proof that bad...
Then again, I do see a lot of Busa riders with virgin sliders... ;)

Moot point for me, I still gotta get some proper leather with pucks...  Pretty sure I can get it over without any extra stretching  :D   I know there are plenty of times I have wished I had them, would allow alot more freedom out there...

[deleted]

car.jpg

those are all 3/4 leans at best, why even put a knee down?:super:
Not sure I understand your post?  3/4 lean?  Please explain.. A picture is worth a thousand words.  Show me how it's done.  Always willing to learn.  :thumbsup:
my bad, heres a 7/8ths lean as demonstrated by Xuas,
Link No Longer Works
if your wondering if I have ever had my busa "FULL" lean? I have, although I dont have pics showing the angle, I do have a ground down stator cover and right side panel, at that point you have to lift your knee, or it will just be the way! :beerchug:

Not sure I understand your post?  3/4 lean?  Please explain.. A picture is worth a thousand words.  Show me how it's done.  Always willing to learn.  :thumbsup:
Link No Longer Works
if your wondering if I have ever had my busa "FULL" lean? I have, although I dont have pics showing the angle, I do have a ground down stator cover and right side panel, at that point you have to lift your knee, or it will just be the way! :beerchug:
Ok Twister, I’m with you now. I utilize my knee as a gauge in order not to scrape the $hit out of my engine covers and bodywork, particularly on the busa. Not near the ground clearance as compared to a supersport bike. (See attached)

Well, from a “New Recruit†to a “Rookieâ€, I feel a need to call you on this one. I’m sure you can understand. Way-too many posers out there these days. Please post a photo of the scrapes on your case and bodywork and maybe even a photo of the ground down toe slides on those boots and I will be glad to post a public apology for second guessing your integrity dude. If you can’t produce the photos, how about one of you with a pair of pink panties on your head.

Curious to see what and where scrapes occur first, I’m sure we can reconstruct the lean angle form the marks.

If anyone believes that I am out of line for requesting such photos, please let me know. I started this thread to see some cool photos, saw a few from Buffo Busa at Phillip Island on another thread. If that’s all we get that’s cool, the most important thing is we all ride safe within each of our comfort zones. No need for anyone to get hurt out there.

compare.gif

Not sure I understand your post? 3/4 lean? Please explain.. A picture is worth a thousand words. Show me how it's done. Always willing to learn. :thumbsup:
Link No Longer Works
I'm with you BG, sounds like a low side to me
I'm sure he's got plenty of panties.
Didn't you say the pics had to be of the member posting? Looks like he is comparing you to Xuas, not to bad.......

Last edited by a moderator:
i dunno... seems like an almost unatural obsession with knee drag pics.  :)  This isn't a racing forum as much as an owners general riders forum.   I've seen tons of knee pics over the last few months that people posted to show their cool bike on the track, but not how COOL they are on thir bike.  seems no one is that interested in proving themsleves since the pics are long passed.  I might start a thread for "Daily rider commuter photos only" since that is MY riding style.  :)
WhatWouldtheJollygreengiantDO,

I'm with you... Commuting more than hangin' a knee. Of course it is a quick commute!

WWJD-WTF
His thread was for KNEE DRAGGING pictures; that's all, not bullshit comments from work commuters. Is your Busa to commute back and forth to work at 180 mph? Knee dragging isn't an everyday event nor should it be, looks like he was just curious as to how many other couch pilots could and would drag em. :bounce:

Never my intent to post pictures to brag upon myself. WWJD whats with threads like these "back from service shiney/pretty pics (Pages 1 2 )" OF ME WWJD - Or let me give you advise of my new tires I never intend to utilize for what they were intended for. Buy a GOLDWING dude, I'm out of here!

I've dragged my knee maybe three times in my life. ONE of those times was a precursor to an unwanted removal of my ass from the seat.

I really don't see the point. On my old F4 I'd run behind guys that were dragging knee and using up all of their tire and I'd be slowly crawling up their ass and not even be touching anything down nor using up the last millimeter or two of tire.

That being said, I have no chicken strip left on the right side of my Busa and still havn't dragged my knee nor do I intend to. Hell, I rarely even put my knee out.

Back