ALARM FOR BUSA

OB_sonnybusa

Registered
I HEARD SOMEONE LOST ANOTHER BIKE TO THEIFS DOES ANYONE MAKE A GREAT ALARM THAT WILL WORK ON THE BUSA SO I DONT HAVE TO BE AFRAID SOMEONE WILL STEAL IT? IF NOT I MIGHT HAVE TO START SLEEPING WITH THE BEST BIKE BUILT ON THE MARKET TODAY!

I've had a spyball on my last 3 bikes,and I've no complaints.You can have it so sensitive that if someone leans over the bike to look at the speedo it goes off.(good for stopping other peoples jackets scraching your tank).

How much was that Alarm, and what model? Anyone in the US selling it? User Install? Sorry for all the questions, but it looks like what I want.

Thanks

I have a Vipper 550eh on my Hayabusa...This includes shock sensor, ignition kill, remote start, and all that good stuff...You can pick them up for a couple hundred bucks...

Airitronix makes the Thunderpage alarm
it covers all the bases including silent
paging and also an optional hijacking
mode! american rider mag carries their
ad

I have an "AVITAL" bike alarm on my busa, it was $100, installation costs another $100, so I installed it myself. Works great, has an adjustable shock sensor with warning, and a mini pizo siren. I bought it at a local "Car Stereo Store" for $100. I use the alarm, a kryptonite disc lock, and park in a Police Station alongside several cop personal bikes. So far so good... :)

I have a Scorpio. It's ok, but nothing to write home about. I got the full-blown system with pager, hijack add-on, and side mounted .40 Glock.

The alarm sells for ~$400.

Tangram,the Glock 40 is a better gun since it is lighter and the using the right bullet like the black taleon or same style bullet will do the job unless the bad guy is wearing a bullet proof jacket with a breast plate than the 50cal or 12ga with slug will do.The desert eagle would be a hard gun to carry due to the weight of the gun compaired to the Glock.Any gun will get you in trouble faster than speeding on your Busa plus removing all those trigger locks,gun bag locks and clip locks and loading your clip will give the bad guys the edge on you thanks to the safety Czars of the Gun Control people.

THANKS EVERYONE THAT GIVES ME SOME IDEAS EXCEPT PARKING WITH THE POLICE I TRY TO STAY AWAY FROM THEM THEY ARE USALLY LOOKING FOR ME! DON'T KNOW WHY? MAYBE I RIDE TO FAST? ... GRIN... LOVE MY BUSA

If some bastard wants your bike bad enough sometimes their gonna get it, but most will just walk away if you do 2 things. Use the Kryptonite evolution 2000 disc lock on the front disc,and park in a place where you or other bystanders are around. As a professional firefighter,specializing in forceable entry I have CUT or BREACHED many different locks. Although all locks can be cut, the one I mentioned is very clumsy to work on,and stands up to the freon trick very well.Also it has a drill proof,pick proof cylinder I know because I tryed.It can't be spread like those solid disc locks some guys use, I have gotten them off so fast you wouldn't believe it! and yes the rotor was straight enough to wheel it away.So unless the thief carries around a 42 inch bolt cutter,with good blades or 3 or 4 guys pick it up and slam it in the back of a pick up or van you should be in good shape.

[This message has been edited by Billy V (edited 08 April 2000).]

Thanks Cisco San Jose. The weight thing is a good argument. Why spend loads of dosh replacinging the 'busa OEM bits and bobs only to load it down with artilery. I'll stick to my Tazer for the moment.

THE ALARM IS NOT ONLY TO KEEP SOMEONE FROM STEALING THE BIKE BUT HELP KEEP PEOPLE OFF IT WHEN I MIGHT NOT BE AROUD LIKE USING THE RESTROOM OR EATING INSIDE THE RESTURANT I DO NOT WANT PEOPLE ON MY LOVLY BUSA I LOVE IT & WILL TRY TO TAKE CARE OF IT. BESIDES OF WEIGHT YOU ARE ONLY TALKING COUPLE OF POUNDS. YES I ALWAYS USE DISC LOCK THEY WORK BUT AN ALARM MIGHT KEEP SOME BEGINER THEIF FROM DROPPING MY BIKE OR EVEN FROM MESSING WITH IT. THANKS FOR ALL THE INPUT

Back
Top Bottom