Alarms, Alarms..which one\'s the best?

Status
Not open for further replies.

OB_Mabusa

Registered
Today I tried installing my new Scorpio CYL300DX on my 2000 Hayabusa. The Install looked like it was going to be very easy but the damn instructions didn't match up with the color coded items that came in the box. After 2 hours I gave up and sent it back to Accessories International.
I am a mechanically inclined guy honest!
Anyone have any advice on a particularly good alarm and/or place to purchase one?

I had a Nady that crapped out after about 3 months. I got a Gorilla, and am very pleased with it. It is inexpensive, reliable, and easy to intstall.

Good God! I've got the 'mac daddy' Scorpio on my 9R. I thought it was easy. You could have asked, I'd have been glad to help. I don't think you made a bad move by sending it back, I'm NOT impressed with mine. Especially not for the $400 retail.

I'm looking at using a car alarm on mine. The biggest problem is the siren, perhaps I can find something about the size of the Scorpio's? Most bike alarms claim to be waterproof but with a little planning and maybe a dab of silicon, I think any of them can be made waterproof.

I have installed a Spy LM 508 2 way pager, Shock and Motion sensors, Blue Led indicator and 125 DB Siren. This alarm rocks and takes 2 hours to install soldering and heat shrinking the connections.

I installed a battery tender and a GPS tracking device as well. The tender is required for any of the 2 way pager alarms if you do not ride every day. 40 mamps fer hour with the shock and motion sensors set will drain your bat in 4-5 days of storage.

I like these options so well on my 03 Anniversary LE, I am now a dealer for them. $100 will get you the alarm and install guide. I got pics of the install too.

The GPS unit is a fully trackable online user interface or cell phone trackable option that is way better then Lojack and 1/2 the cost.

Contact me at bvonaschen@yahoo.com for info.

My_Busa_Jan1_2008.jpg

I have installed a Spy LM 508 2 way pager, Shock and Motion sensors, Blue Led indicator and 125 DB Siren. This alarm rocks and takes 2 hours to install soldering and heat shrinking the connections.

I installed a battery tender and a GPS tracking device as well. The tender is required for any of the 2 way pager alarms if you do not ride every day. 40 mamps fer hour with the shock and motion sensors set will drain your bat in 4-5 days of storage.

I like these options so well on my 03 Anniversary LE, I am now a dealer for them. $100 will get you the alarm and install guide. I got pics of the install too.

The GPS unit is a fully trackable online user interface or cell phone trackable option that is way better then Lojack and 1/2 the cost.

Interesting, but it's $75 w/ shipping on gay-bay + $11 for pro install guide. Members first.

I like these options so well on my 03 Anniversary LE, I am now a dealer for them.  $100 will get you the alarm and install guide.  I got pics of the install too.  

Interesting, but it's $75 w/ shipping on gay-bay + $11 for pro install guide.  Members first.
thumb_up.gif
winkold.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back