Air Box Mod - Read this first before attempting!!!

Hey Dirty Pete... Call Busa a "Unit"!!
The next time I do a FLY-BY to you, I'll stick out a leg. Ha- Ha.
(From one dimented Busa owner to another)

To Zarniwoop: You say that the stock EFI can not cope with Xtra airflow but my experience so far is that it does.
The IAP (Intake Air Pressure) sensor senses improvments in airflow and adjust the fuel according to that, as an example I have 186rwhp without my Power Comm.2 connected so I can say the stock EFI is really smart and it seems that you havn`t to worry about burning pistons.

Jonnyboy,

A gas analyser will work and give readings when static, but when running at say 170 the air pressure is far far greater.

So just 'cos a gas analyser say it's ok when the bike is moving doesn't mean when the bike is being "force fed" air the results will be the same.

Frats

Z

If Dirty Pete were to burn his pistons due to wrong mixture, the exhaust gas analysis would have shown it. There's no way you'll have lean burn that won't show in the exhaust.

TOJ, what did you do to get 186 RWHP?

I'm sure you've already explained this somewhere on the site, but I would not know how to search that.

Yes I have posted earlier and here is a short
list: a true 4-1, ported and skimmed head, mod. airbox, balancer removed, stacks, and some other small tweaks that I keap for myself, sorry!

Zarniwoop - I thought the Busas sold in the UK had a speedometer that read in kph? The reason I ask is because I noticed that the Busas that do come with the kph speedometer max out at 340 KPH which according to my trusty metric conversion program would equate to 211.2662 MPH. Seems if you are maxxing out at 340 kph how would you know that you are hitting an indicated 220 or 215 mph? If in fact the UK Busas do come with speedos reading in MPH why would that be? Seems like KPH readout would be more appropriate for the UK? Of course I'm just a Yank living in the U.S. with nothing but long ago dead relatives who came to America from the UK - so set me straight. It's also curious that the max KPH readout for the Busa at 340 kph would be less than the US version at 220 mph (max) for essentially the same bike.

Zarniwoop,
What you say is true for the previous generation of ramair bike with carbs.
These new fuel injected ones can always compensate for the 1psi (if that) increase in intake pressure at full speed.
You're not turbocharging at 10 psi, where you need bigger injectors - or a second series of injectors activated while on boost.

Back