A sad day...

Thanks for all the kind words...

It does feel about as bad as loosing a best friend~
sad.gif

We'll be fine with time though... thanks again~

My deepest condolences to you and your family.

I'm truly sorry to hear about Jerimiah.

Thor is our minature doberman. We've had him since he was 1-month old and now he's 14-years old. He has slept in our bed every day since we brought him home, and if I go to bed and he's sleeping on the couch or somewhere else, I go and get him. He's getting pretty old now and we have to help him often... if he falls he has a hard time getting up, when it's too cold he limps, and he's somewhat blind. All the simple things that he could do when he was younger are somewhat of a task to him now. I'm tearing up just thinking what it will be like when he's gone. I cannot imagine him not greeting me when he wakes up in the morning, or letting me know it's supper time, or greeting us when we come home. The only thing I know is that he has lived a blessed life - as I'm sure Jerimiah did.

My thoughts are with you.
down.gif

sad day indeed. i like more dogs than i like people.they are easier to understand and usually better for the world.

lost my Kodiac a while back,Alaskan Malamute/Wolf cross.

Awesome dog....so I can share your pain.

RSD.

k.JPG

sad.gif
sorry to hear of your loss...they really are like losing a best friend

Truly sorry for your loss, Greg. I'm only a stone's throw away in Land O' Lakes - been through Port Richey many times.

I think we all block out the inevitable until the time is upon us. Just think about all the happy memories you had with Jeremiah.

On that note I'm going to go crawl into bed with my wife and curl up w/ my dog.

Time heals all wounds.

Thanks everyone.. we are doing better as the days go on.

The other dogs (dane/mastiff mix and miniature pinscher) are just now catching on I think. The dane seems a lot more clingy (he is clingy anyway.. his nickname is Velcro) and the min-pin has been hiding under the bed a lot.

I miss Jeremiah's presence. He was the quiet guardian.

If anyone ever has a chance to befriend an Akita.. do it. They are the best dogs ever.

Sorry. I had an Akita also and I had to put it down. It developed a disease that is only found in that breed of dogs and it makes them go crazy. The first time he bit somebody I had to do it.

my most profuse sympathies....can relate...wife and i had a rotty for 11 years...and he watched after my family for every one of'em while i hadta work 2nd shift...my wife and i both cried like a baby the day we hadta take'im to be put to sleep...couldn't figure out why is seemed to hurt me moreso than some human passings...thought i was mentally screwed up...but then i realized...for 11 years...the dog was always thrilled to see me...never screwed me over annnd..was always ready and willing to put his life on the line to defend my family from the slightest sign of harm or danger...in a moments notice...then I asked myself...

"now...how many humans do you know like that?"

and "that" helped me figure out why i felt so bad.

Dogs rock...."Mans Best Friend" indeed.

good news?...do what we did..get a new pup..and after 11 years of 168lb rotty?...oddly enough the wife and i got a shi tzu....all 13 1/2 lbs of'im.....but quick, alert and tenacious with more mouth than body...although?...he thinks he's an 800lb gorilla....and i'd just as soon stick my hands in a blender than try'an grab'im when he's getting his groove on.
laugh.gif

L8R, Bill.
cool.gif

Generally, I like animals more than I like people. Especially dogs. My boys (Samoyeds, 6 and 8) are my kids. I can't imagine, nor do I think about the day it will happen. My heart truly goes out to you, and I hope you find that kind of pure joy again soon.

ps. If your ever in PA, my dogs are good huggers.

mybikeandboys__Custom_.jpg

I know the pain well... I lost my dog Max, a Shep, Rott mix on April 4th this year. I had him for 15 years and it was still not long enough. I still have days when its quiet and I think of him and I can feel the tears. Its not easy but time does help a little.
I went here and did this... It helped some http://www.in-memory-of-pets.com/personaltribute.php?ID=58587

<!--EDIT|Max Speed
Reason for Edit: None given...|1154395422 -->

Back