A question of patriotism...

Status
Not open for further replies.
the war on terror? is a result of the foreign policy of the last 40 years.

Absolutely! That is why I have a problem with conscription, draft and stop loss. This foreign policy is of special interest to key industries that have made themselves indispensable. Why? It is the reason we are in Iraq, Afghanistan and why have a continued adversarial relationship with Iran. Pardon me if I would refuse potentially lifethreatening service that only benefits some fatcats in Houston.

aww the "draft" ended in 1973....

I bet a good number of members here were not born yet or could not tell you a thing about the year..

seems a bit irrelevant to the current times

X2

Sounds like everyone has too much time to worry about the draft. And furthermore saying it would be or was ok to dodge the draft is disrepectful to those who serve imho. If you feel so strongly that our country is doing the wrong thing why wait. Just leave now.
Posted via Mobile Device

X2

Sounds like everyone has too much time to worry about the draft. And furthermore saying it would be or was ok to dodge the draft is disrepectful to those who serve imho. If you feel so strongly that our country is doing the wrong thing why wait. Just leave now.
Posted via Mobile Device

Blinders....

On a further point. If it is so stupid and people that disagree with you and would serve are blind? Inferring they are not as intelligent as you? If not then how do you feel about the people that followed the draft and served their country to help protect all of us that couldn't or wouldn't.
Posted via Mobile Device

This is no where fast. Sorry guys, the discussion was good up till now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back