6Th gear?

depends on how i'm riding...i use it quite a bit when i'm hitting the highway to get to the next MnG but never in town since the bike doesn't like pulling my 300 lb. frame around at low RPM's :laugh:

i don't shift into 6th until 70-75ish ever. i don't like to lug the bike around, I ride around in 3rd up to 45-50 mph, 4th up to 60 and 5th 60 to 70 and 6th thereafter. However, I have been known to use 1st for around 75 or so and 6th for 190+ :laugh:

I agree, thats how a busa should be ridden.

Dad buys a new truck and takes his Daughter for a ride. (standard by the way)
He pulls out of the driveway, gets on the road and revs it up to 4-5 g's in first gear and zooms along. The Daughter see what he's doing and says "Dad you can shift now, put it in a higher gear" to which the Dad replies "don't be silly Sweetie, once the first gear is worn out, then you go to the second"

so yea... lol I use it on the highway always :laugh::laugh::laugh:

I don't go for 6th gear until 70mph or so. Gen 1 (mine at least) doesn't like to take that gear under 4000rpm it seems. But once there, I can use it down to 55-60mph on level, straight (boring) roads.

The busa's a big torque-heavy motor, it would pull a seventh gear just fine if it had one, especially the first gen :laugh: Plus mines geared down, so my 6th is more like 5th :thumbsup:

Back