6Th gear?

Speed King

Banned
How often does anyone of you use 6th gear and at what speed?

It seems I hardly ever use 6th gear any more.

I used to use it a lot more when I first bought my 08 busa.

Everytime i ride, only need to go highway speeds to use it. Although, 1st will work to if your shiftin foot gets tired:whistle:

How often does anyone of you use 6th gear and at what speed?

It seems I hardly ever use 6th gear any more.

I used to use it a lot more when I first bought my 08 busa.

I use 6th gear all the time, right down to 35mph, where conditions don't strain the motor.

I use 6th gear all the time. If i'm not looking for power I like to keep the RPM's down. I do practice downshifting from 6th 2-3 gears while cruising on the highway to keep sharp.

:poke: i've started out in 6th before, thought i was in 3rd til i tried to downshift. :laugh:

i use 6th almost everytime i ride.
like Manny said "how else are you going to get 50mpg?" :thumbsup:

i don't shift into 6th until 70-75ish ever. i don't like to lug the bike around, I ride around in 3rd up to 45-50 mph, 4th up to 60 and 5th 60 to 70 and 6th thereafter. However, I have been known to use 1st for around 75 or so and 6th for 190+ :laugh:

If I'm on straight, roads with normal traffic I use it every time after 50 mph, or if I'm trying to save gas. But if I'm out "RIDING" I almost never use it, unless I'm on a LOOOONG straight. But that's just me ??

I use 6th all the way down to 40 MPH. When I'm running in a 35 MPH zone I usually shift down to 5th.
Amazing little gear, like PandaNin said.!! :-)

Back