4 killed in iowa

Sad story. One of the drivers said they followed him for 45 minutes witnessing erratic driving. I cant believe it would take 45 minutes for police to get him. Where I live if the police get a call like this they are all over it and quick.

This just makes me sick. Even with fulltime defensive riding, those types of terrible accidents can catch anyone of us. What a shame and waste of human life.

His negligence kills four people and they won't have lab results for a couple of weeks at best? This is a potential 4 counts of manslaughter and they can't expidite the test results meanwhile turning him loose on the streets again?

I can't help but wonder if this would have been handled differently if he would have hit a minivan filled with children and killed 4 of them. There is a different standard when motorcyclists are killed as opposed to non motorcyclists.

I'm certain that people in Northern Illinois are aware of the slap on the wrist the woman recieved for killing a motorcyclist while painting her fingernails while driving and hitting a motorcyclist who was stopped at a red light.

She was painting her fingernails while driving her SUV at 55mph and recived almost nothing for her crime.

yeah, it seems like whenever a motorcycle is involved, people assume its the motorcyclist's fault somehow. I mean when I had my accident, no ticket was even given to that girl. Yeah she has been found guilty on the police report, but that's about it.

People do so much stupid stuff while driving their car, I sometimes feel we should be given 007 - 'license to kill' (not literally :D), to those drivers.

He was drunk, someone called 911 to complain about the erratic driver. That person followed him an was trying to get LEO to stop him, he stopped at station staggered into a gas station got more beer an continued on his way till he found his victims. Not sure where the story is at this time.

Very sad indeed. RIP to those fellow riders.!! Condolences to their families..!!
I had a feeling when I first started reading the post that the driver of the pickup was under the influence.
Too bad they didn't nab him while he was still in the gas station buying another beer.!!

Truly sad... RIP

While they're saying only one of them was wearing a helmet and it didn't save him, it doesn't mean it was a full face DOT and Snell approved helmet...

I could never imagine riding without my full face helmet... :rulez:

Back