385/385 CAM COMBO

99'busa

Donating Member
Registered
my bikes in shop right now getting 1397 kit with carillo a beams 385/385 cams HAS ANYONE RUN THIS COMBO BEFORE WHAT DO YOU THINK

before the cams, 84mm bore kit(je flat top pistons), and rods it had 166rwhp how much hp do you think i'll be looking at now ?195+-?

hey how mush they charging you for that kit? im looking to do the same and live in Terre Haute. I cont find anyone this way to do it.

carillo rods A-beam  740.00
cams (385/385) (i havnt heard of this brand befr mega cams? or something like that?)
plus camchain
plus sprocket  1025.00
oil pump gear (OEM not so good)  100.00
pistons (JE flat top 84MM)
plus block bore  1000.00
bearings  100.00
rings  130.00
labor  800.00
dyno  free
theres a few other misc. things their doing not listed above but thats the bulk of the expense ie.bigger battery...

I am not sure what camshafts you are running but I have always gone to the cam manufacturer and told him how the bike/car was going to be used. That also means information on the modifications to the engine and gearing

im anticipating 1month but its going to depend on how fast they can get my block back.putting it back together will be pretty fast for this guy but he is in high demand even in winter your best bet would be to call him you can tell him chris penn (with the red/white busa) referred you. i hope it works out cause i know you'll be happy.

If you can at all afford it, getting the basic head work done now could really pay off well.

It is never cheap but there are great gains in most heads when finished correctly.. some basic port work, a "good" valve job, correct valve springs etc are all good ideas..

congrats anyway... sort of like getting a new bike
beerchug.gif

I would strongly recommend a good set of vavle springs while you have the bike apart! Even if your not going to race the bike! the stock spring are soft! Im running a dual intake's with 60lb Carpenter springs! Also a new set of valve seals, the busa is know for smoking do to hard seals!

Got in touch with mark at fastlane today. He supposed to call back with some prices
i was there today i asked if you called and they said yes. i didnt get any head work done because it was like another 1,000 but he is putting new valve springs in. my bike is suppose to be back sooner that i thought 2 WEEKS
hello.gif
clap.gif
cant ride much with this indiana weather but very excited about the extra horsies though. i may have to bundle up ones een if its 12degrees out
super.gif
im expecting 195hp ish..

Doesn't APE do a block swap for this mod? Great kits!
beerchug.gif

cool, at least the springs... and as Gixerhp suggested, new seals are a good investment.

hey Chris, what part of indy are you at? come spring me and my TH busa guy needa come out and meet up. Or if your up to long night come out this way. Most of last summer we started about 3pm and got home somewhere around 3-4 am HAHAH little bit of a long night but much fun.

That shop is pricing me out some setups hopefully it in my price range, i need a little extra HP. One of my buddies has a newer 07 busa with the Hahn kit and port fueler and im looking hang with him a little better. I can get him now off the line up to bout top of 3rd but when he boosts and about mid 4th he next to me.

im just west of indiapolis close to avon. 2 min. from indianapolis raceway park. as far as price this might help im getting 385/385 cam combo, carillo a-beams, je 12 to 1 comp. pistons, 1397 bore, crank, clutch w/heavy duty springs, heavy duty valve springs, new front sprocket (16)or(17)(cant decide), oil cooler purged from shavings., dyno, other minor misc. stuff 4,800.00 was wanting to put this $ in a turbo or 240 kit but this is probably the best. I hope this gives you an idea of their prices. Pretty good IMO ALL PARTS ARE NEW EXCEPT CRANK WHICH IS 300MI. OLD.

I had a 1397 with those cams, but had a nice head on it.
I made 194hp thru stock exhaust.
Your header may offset my headwork, so I would say around 190-200.
It's gonna be a bad MoFo!

Back