2007 Busa 63,000 miles Engine goes POOF!

Schnitz added about 20% more fuel on the nitrous map on a 50 hp shot.

ECU editor can shut the nitrous off before the rev limiter so that problem never happens.

You ALWAYS add fuel when spraying

Schnitz added about 20% more fuel on the nitrous map on a 50 hp shot.

ECU editor can shut the nitrous off before the rev limiter so that problem never happens.

You ALWAYS add fuel when spraying

You beat me to it. Extra fuel is absolutely necessary when spraying

You should just never take all you read here as the bible. read up on stuff yourself or buy your parts from a knowledgeable person and with that you get knowledge on what your doing. The lamens purpose of nitrous is to create more oxidzers for the engine to burn the added fuel in a space. Think of it this way, you add a oxidizer, it attaches to the fuel already coming in and starts to build heat instead of cool because there is no extra fuel for it to attach to act as a cooler and burn, now the heat starts to attack something for fuel in turn melting piston edges, lifting ring lands...

I have a stock gsxr 1k motored bike,valve cover never been off and it has a 40 shot on it making 211hp. The bike has been sprayed over 1000 passes and street ridden without a hiccup. It's not that im lucky, just have to know the rules and limitations of nitrous. you gain that through reading and hands on experience..You go faster by building your system slower.. I have seen what your talking about tons of times all over the net saying no fuel needed for a 20 or 30 shotjust fog the sensor in the airbox, BS is what it is..It makes folks not want to use nitrous cause of all the horror stories but its one of the best power adders available since the caveman era..:laugh: A nitrous engine can be just as reliable as a stock motor if setup correctly. the bike doesn't know what motor is in it..

I did a lot of research on this website and many others, I was under the impression that under 60 shot did not need fuel so I went with 30 to be "safe". I had the same fears going into the NOS situation, but apparently I put too much faith in people who acted like they knew what they were talking about. Bad part is that I had all the stuff to make it a wet shot, but believed a board member who said I didn't need it. Oh well whats done is done just too bad its the middle of the riding season :(

Where is a good tuner around the TN area? I have wanted to get my bike tuned ever since I bought it, but I can't find anyone that isn't in Texas or Canada

Whenever you're ready, take a short trip over to the Carolinas to "LEES Performance Center." Lee's number is 704-599-1507. We also have "Coby Adams Performance" Coby's number is 704-662-0992. Lastly we have "KWS Motorsports" call Kevin at 843-552-7177. Those three are excellent with these motors but their hours away from you, which shouldn't be a problem if you want excellence. I don't know anyone closer to you but I have a friend in Memphis TN that makes the drive to Lee's for professional work. Its not the miles of driving you'll have to worry about to receive great service, its the piece of mind you'll have when you twist the throttle.

Yes it was fun while it lasted, and I have to say I was able to beat a Gen2 just before mine blew up. I am waiting for Trey to post the video so I can see it.

Sounds like I should have went with my first instinct and added the fuel instead of letting other people who knew more about NOS (or so I thought) convince me otherwise. Oh well lesson learned a very expensive lesson learned...........

Trying to stay positive she will return hopefully next year.......

One question for you guys with bigger bores, is the 1397 kit the same block just bored out or does it have the sleeves pressed out with new ones pressed in? I may not know about NOS or Turbos but I have been building engines since I was 10, so all of this build I will do then I will have it tuned by the guy Don suggested. Seems like I may need to start taking your advise (as hard as it is to say that it appears to be true) lol.

DRY SYSTEMS WORK GREAT, the key is tune and adding the right amount of fuel thru some type of fueling programmer( ecu editor with map switching, fast fi box or power commander with hub. I have used all except editor with success, only cause I just got the stuff to try it out on my own bike nos wise. I'm sure once I learn it, i will use it successfully too... I just sent all my dyno stuff out for testing and software/firmware upgrades, so it will be top shelf when it comes back in 2 weeks.

Yes it was fun while it lasted, and I have to say I was able to beat a Gen2 just before mine blew up. I am waiting for Trey to post the video so I can see it.

Sounds like I should have went with my first instinct and added the fuel instead of letting other people who knew more about NOS (or so I thought) convince me otherwise. Oh well lesson learned a very expensive lesson learned...........

Trying to stay positive she will return hopefully next year.......

One question for you guys with bigger bores, is the 1397 kit the same block just bored out or does it have the sleeves pressed out with new ones pressed in? I may not know about NOS or Turbos but I have been building engines since I was 10, so all of this build I will do then I will have it tuned by the guy Don suggested. Seems like I may need to start taking your advise (as hard as it is to say that it appears to be true) lol.

When I got my bore kit, I did the exchange program with APE. You send in your good/oem GEN I block and they send you back new pistons and bored GEN I block ready for install.

The reason I ask is because I can easily do the boring myself if it is just a Gen 1 block. If new sleeves are pressed in I cannot. Do you know how much bigger the bore is?

Busa blocks are bored and renickasiled and there not many places in the usa that do them. you can't backyard them like the old days :laugh:

Busa blocks are bored and renickasiled and there not many places in the usa that do them. you can't backyard them like the old days :laugh:

Dang, I have all the equipment and knowledge to bore it out and even make my own pistons, however the nickle part goes beyond my abilities......looks like more time than expected :( ............

Spraying nitrous with no added fuel....yikes! I think I'm more surprised it lasted that long... :laugh:

I would pull your engine and send it off to Knecum for a good N/A street setup. Unless you have bigger plans then an RCC Turbo is always a great option... :beerchug:

Back