exhaust smoke??

gsteve

Registered
My buds say when i wack the gas for a roll on i puff a touch of smoke right off. And no... its not tire smoke
tounge.gif
Anyone have a comment? sj

same thing happens on mine after I put a full yosh system and had it remapped....my smoke is darker = running a little rich, which I guess is better than running lean.

Black is rich however it does not mean too rch. Depeds on your setup. ie I run my Turbo o the ric side to help keep it from detonating on high end runs.

So some of the questios are what have you done to the bike, and like previously sad by Justintime2 WHAT COLOR SMOKE?

Also run a finger around the inside of your pipe and smell the carbon on your finger.
It is easy to tell by smell alone if you mix is correct and you are getting complete combustion.

I get a slight puff of dark smoke if zipped to around 10K from idle (only for a quick second) was told it was completely normal and bet most people on this forum would say they have it too if they snap the throttle on the stand in neutral.

My 99 and 03 did it.

Oh ya.. I did lighten the cans a touch
wow.gif
Oil level is ok... ill have a look at the carbon buildup. Rixxo figured it was a whitish blu just for a sec as a snapped it open. Its prob nutin. Thanks guys. sj

Back