200 mph top on non-turbo, no nitrous, not charged Busa, real?

It can be done on a 1K. You have to weigh in at 50lbs with leathers, 20mph tailwind and all of the planets aligned.

no really, it can be done. Here is a recent ECTA record for you.

MPS/G-1000/4 Chad Millholland Oct-10 203.624 mph

where is this ? I can't find it . Don't get me wrong I like the kawi's , but I don't believe you can get any stock bike over 200. Diffinetly with out changing sprokets and then you need more power to push the bike . Then you got aerodynamics to deal with , weight to hold the bike down from wheelspin, ect...
dont get me wrong either im a suzuki man i have owned nothing but suzuki a 92 gsxr750,92 gsxr1100,99 busa, 01 gsxr1000,02 busa, 02 gsxr750, and my current bike 04 busa. and all i said was stock motor im sure they played with gearing, exhaust, ecu, and fuel. im just saying these new kaws are no joke in the right hands and suzuki needs to step it up considerably to catch back up. you could go out and buy used 08 busa for x-amount of money. put a good 1441 kit with head and cams for x-amount of money and still be a couple thousand cheaper than a new 2012-zx14 and blow the 14 away. but stock for stock the new 14 will punish the busa with equal riders.

LOL....people aren't comparing apples-to-apples....some are talking 1-Mile, some are more.....gearing, stock/not, etc..etc..

i know this hayabusa.org but you guys need realize that 08 technology on performance motorcycles is outdated and these new Kaws are pretty bad _ss Ricky and Richard Gadson have already been over 200mph on a stock motor 2011 zx10, and 206mph on one with headwork. the new 14 is a busa killer stock for stock and its suppose to be with a 1440cc displacement. Suzuki needs to step it up soon....

1/4-mile is one thing but in Top Speed AERO wins.....the BUSA is still going faster even with 4-year old technology until someone runs better #'s on the new 14R...

I'm not doubting this bc it's a Kawi, it's just when someone makes a claim I check it out. I'm sure a 400cc bike can run 200, but it was stated as stock, and I'm sorry but the new Kawi off the floor won't do it. Probably a great bike, just like the new 14 it got a lot of good PR via the pockets of Kawi, but the magazines are all over the place, some good, some bad. Just talking about the original post.

It can be done stock if you weigh less than 150. Guys are doing it at the Texas Mile. Conditions have to be right. right gearing, good launch, good tuck, a lot easier if you have more than a mile

My bike is a 2008, it's lowered, has a yoshi pipe, and has the top speed limiter removed. thats it. No power commander or tuning, stock air filter, gearing.... with a 190/55/17 tire and no mirrors it went 198mph according to my gps. If I wasent out of gear it was mighty close cause the tach was all the way at 11.5 this was done on a very long flat road in florida.

When i was at MMI in phoenix one of the kawi instructors took his zx14 with a power commander and sprockets, stock exhaust to texas and did his first ever 200+ run... this was in the spring of 09 just before i graduated. I remember it being a big deal so personally i think it depends on the bike and the tune because we all know there are those bikes out of the box that just have a little bit more than the others do.

Yes, to do 200 in the 1 mile is the ultimate challenge. That doesnt take away anyones efforts for doing almost 200 on a very long flat road. 200 is 200, but...having the grunt to accelerate and the ability to tuck in behind the windshield and ride that beast, and I mean ride it and do 200 in the mile, well, that says it all.

I did today measurement on the highway with my Busa 00 (no limiter), my tacho showed on topspeed 330km/h (205 MPH), the real speed according to my GPS was 301 km/h (180 MPH). So, reply to the question here - in case you mean the speed shown on tacho, it is possible to get on 200 MPH, the reality is not as good :)

photo.jpg

I took a stock 2000 dynoed at a 135hp and two budys to a mile one was a gsxr 1000 pc,pipe head work, the other a zx10 with a big bore,pipe,and pc all did 190 in the mile all had speedohealer. Kawi may have stock bikes on lock but the busa has the aftermarkit on lock

:laugh: I'll just mosey down to the dealership and buy a cow-asaki brand new and do 200mph on my way home.............:rofl:

A gen2 needs 18/41 gearing to do 200mph, or a 55 series tire. That's assuming you have enough motor to pull your body weight to that speed too. It will also be alot easier to do when not limited to one mile from a dead stop.
I've yet to do it myself.
Got-Busa is a good one to ask these questions to as well.

Gen2 stock gives up at around 196/197mph, derestricted. Otherwise it's 186mph

Gen1 99 and 00 models are good for 193/194mph, as they were not restricted.
02 to 07 are limited to 186mph, and derestricted are capable of the 193/194mph.

These are also what the bike is capable of, not what it will do.
Rider ability, rider weight, temp, humidity, wind, elavation, road, areodynamics(mirrors will slow you down!) ect., all come into play.
200mph is no easy task, despite what the guy on his 600 tells everyone.

This was the thread I was thinking about a few weeks ago when the guy claimed 160 I think two up in third gear stock. :laugh:

Yeah it seems to be soooo easy to do 200mph these days:laugh: Just like the inflated dyno results and drag strip times :rofl:

It can be done stock if you weigh less than 150. Guys are doing it at the Texas Mile. Conditions have to be right. right gearing, good launch, good tuck, a lot easier if you have more than a mile

I did it at 220lbs so its possible in the right conditions with the right setup... :thumbsup:

My bike is a 2008, it's lowered, has a yoshi pipe, and has the top speed limiter removed. thats it. No power commander or tuning, stock air filter, gearing.... with a 190/55/17 tire and no mirrors it went 198mph according to my gps. If I wasent out of gear it was mighty close cause the tach was all the way at 11.5 this was done on a very long flat road in florida.

Tire size/gearing is the key. Either a 55-series tire or a 41-tooth sprocket will get you over 200mph with the right setup..

When i was at MMI in phoenix one of the kawi instructors took his zx14 with a power commander and sprockets, stock exhaust to texas and did his first ever 200+ run... this was in the spring of 09 just before i graduated. I remember it being a big deal so personally i think it depends on the bike and the tune because we all know there are those bikes out of the box that just have a little bit more than the others do.

Not possible, I don't care what he said...it won't happen. Feel free to post the bike/rider to confirm? If its the bike I think it is, it had a full system exhaust...

I did today measurement on the highway with my Busa 00 (no limiter), my tacho showed on topspeed 330km/h (205 MPH), the real speed according to my GPS was 301 km/h (180 MPH). So, reply to the question here - in case you mean the speed shown on tacho, it is possible to get on 200 MPH, the reality is not as good :)

photo.jpg

301kph = 187mph.....change your gearing and have another try... ;)

I took a stock 2000 dynoed at a 135hp and two budys to a mile one was a gsxr 1000 pc,pipe head work, the other a zx10 with a big bore,pipe,and pc all did 190 in the mile all had speedohealer. Kawi may have stock bikes on lock but the busa has the aftermarkit on lock

I wouldn't say that at all. I have yet to see a Kawi stock or basic bolt-on's beat a BUSA in 1-mile or 1.5-mile. The closest thing to a BUSA is the S1KRR and those things are QUICK... :whistle:

A gen2 needs 18/41 gearing to do 200mph, or a 55 series tire. That's assuming you have enough motor to pull your body weight to that speed too. It will also be alot easier to do when not limited to one mile from a dead stop.
I've yet to do it myself.
Got-Busa is a good one to ask these questions to as well.

Gen2 stock gives up at around 196/197mph, derestricted. Otherwise it's 186mph

Gen1 99 and 00 models are good for 193/194mph, as they were not restricted.
02 to 07 are limited to 186mph, and derestricted are capable of the 193/194mph.

These are also what the bike is capable of, not what it will do.
Rider ability, rider weight, temp, humidity, wind, elavation, road, areodynamics(mirrors will slow you down!) ect., all come into play.
200mph is no easy task, despite what the guy on his 600 tells everyone.

ALL good information.... :beerchug:

Definitely agree with you, it takes a little bit of tweaking and modding but most importantly the right rider to see that 2 double O on your speedo and just like it was mentioned earlier even if your speedo says 200 it probably was off anyways:whistle:

Back