Nitrous beginner

Lycan6

Registered
Hello Nitrous kings. I am new to the nitrous thing but have been thinking about it lately. I have an 02 that has JE 84mm piston kit, RC's Performance head with hd valve springs, web .378/.330 cams and adjustustable sprockets, small airbox mod and brocks alien head exhaust. It was tuned at HTP in Richmond via ecu flash. I am considering the MPS Spyder dry system between 40-60 shot. My question is what are your thoughts on this setup and would you recommend going another route. I dont drag my bike. It's really for the days that a zx14 rolls ups and gives the nod. My bike is all chrome and everyone wants to try it. so i figured i would look at some sure fire ass whipping ingredients. As I'm not a dragger, i would probably want the shot to be somewhat progressive. Any thoughts or suggestions are appreciated.

By the way, I do have some Denso 62# injectors that I would be adding if i were to do the nitrous and was wondering if the stock fuel pump is good enough for this or would i need to upgrade. I prefer an internal pump versus external if possible.

Thanks again.

woooooooweeeeeee!!!!!:drool: damn i know lil or close to none of what your talking about, wish i did but it sound very fast.:cheerleader: im exc:whistle:ited to here some replies to s***

i think this is a good time and place to add a few questions of my own, as i am in about the same position:

when do you hit the 'go button', i mean, rev wise?

how much extra thrust should i expect, is it an 'omg hold on for your life' kinda boost?

thanks, and sorry for adding to the load...

new to this as well.

I just got my system the other day. I am going the ECU route as well. I ordered the N20 wiring harness from SmithaBusa to help with the application...along with his ECU interface. I already have a bunch of his other wiring on my bike and works great.

My bike is basically stock..pipe/tune. I am only going up to a 40 shot right now. I went with a DynoTune sytem, but the one you have picked out sounds great for your application.

There are ways to apply it to cetain RPM's and TPS through the ECU. on at 6500rpm off at 10500rpm and >85% throttle......for example.

I have auto shift on my bike so I am also looking out for hitting the rev limiter....I hear that is a no no on N20. With the ECU, I can shut off the N20 a few hundred rpm's before the set shift.

I am also searching out ways to lockout 1st, 2nd, and possibly 3rd gears as I will mainly use this on top speed runs and dont think I want it spraying for 20 or 30 seconds for the full run.

The ECU also has map switching, so when the nitrous kicks on it switches to a richer map then switches back when off N20.

Like I said I am new to this and still researching....so if what I said above is wrong, someone please correct me.:beerchug:

I think I would like to lock out 1st and 2nd gears as well. I am pushing out 124lbs of torque so I want to keep it down as I have and will probably keep the stock wheel base.

I replied to your email.

You may want to run Honda S2000 injectors. They are a direct swap for Busa injectors and will fit your 1397 Motor and a 50 shot easily.

hi any body out their used or set up dynotune mutli fuction nitrous progressive controller on gen1 02busa with 40shot nos kit???

Back