A Love Story - 200 on 2

Congratulations brother on joining the 200+ club! :thumbsup:

It was nice to talk with you at Texas and share what I could to help you reach your goal. As always, wish we had more time at the track to chat more. :beerchug:

Thank you for the kind words but if it wasn't for Johnny Cheese I would have never reached my goal....I can't thank him enough so cheers to JC for everything you do bud... :bowdown:

Fingers crossed for a safe trip to Ohio and hopefully everything goes smooth... :please:

I do believe he is. I am definitely going to catch up with him while I'm there. I'm running my gen I with 18/40 gearing on my 1397 built engine. I got my tune for race fuel already. My main objective between now and June is to do the safety wiring and lose some more weight. I'm at 232 now and hope to be 220 by the event. I'm at 203 hp on a modest dyno. So my hopes are high. I just hope they don't get crushed.

Lycan6: Sounds like you have the right equipment to do the job. If you don't meet your goal, consider a cut down tank. Getting my fat head and shoulders out of the airstream made a great difference. Best of luck and have fun.

Lycan6: Sounds like you have the right equipment to do the job. If you don't meet your goal, consider a cut down tank. Getting my fat head and shoulders out of the airstream made a great difference. Best of luck and have fun.
thanks Josh. I'll be practicing keeping my head out of the air flow as much as possible before I get there as well as lowering the front some more too. I've spent so much money already that I will be pissed if I don't do it that weekend but I will keep going until I do. I will PM you a few days before to get you contact info so I can meet up while in there and take notes.

Josh: Will you be running your turbo bike at this event? If so, please post the numbers.

Thanks for everything, go fast, have fun.

Yes sir, thank you! I will be sure to post up and hopefully get some pics on FaceBook if phone signal is good... :beerchug:

thanks Josh. I'll be practicing keeping my head out of the air flow as much as possible before I get there as well as lowering the front some more too. I've spent so much money already that I will be pissed if I don't do it that weekend but I will keep going until I do. I will PM you a few days before to get you contact info so I can meet up while in there and take notes.

Would be glad to meet up with you and chat! :thumbsup:

Remember you have to do license runs to get checked off on safe speed progression. Figure 1-3 runs on Saturday and 3-4 runs on Sunday. You'll have to do a 125, 150, 175, 200 pass at Ohio to get an A-class license. Once you have that then you can let it all hang out. It's not like the old Texas Mile where you could just run wide open first run. Even Texas now requires 4-runs,....Class C 140-165mph, Class B 165-199mph, Class A 200-225, and AA 225mph+.... ;)

Just take it easy first time out and don't plan to run 200mph! That's the first thing everyone wants and they try so hard that they make lots of mistakes. Just go with a calm and easy attitude, take notes and learn. Some people do it first time out, some people have been 10-times+ and still haven't done it. It's not as easy as people think. Be safe, have fun, and go fast but be warned, it's like CRACK! Once you realize you can run as fast as you want without fear of losing your license, you'll want to race every chance you get trying to go faster and faster... :laugh:

That is a fantastic write-up - congratulations on your thrill and accomplishment. That is the stuff that keeps is all coming back!

Congrats on the journey.:clap:

Life over 200 mph on 2 wheels is a wild experience.:cool:

It is a lot harder to achieve than most can believe.:thumbsup:

The beautiful LaReina is for sale along with her brother the King. Please see ad in the classified section if interested. Thank you for reading this thread. Ron Patrick 520-631-5726

Back