200 mph gearing ??

Your right, at 10.5 your not making good power, but that's why this whole process is empirical. I would say your .7% is a good number for both Maxton or Loring. I calculated I was slipping 1% with an extended wheelbase and 230 - 240 HP. Shorter wheelbase helps huge.

thanks guys for all the help , I did the roll out with 30 lbs in the tire . Does that sound like a good tire pressure or should i change it, sorry for all the ?? I just never have done any speed runs

I would start at 38 and go up to around 42ish on the rear. I had trouble with wheel spin going much higher on my bike. For the front some go 45-50+ but I am very cautious about going 50+ personally...

Good luck and let us know how you run... :beerchug:

Thats great, thank you. I am still working on it i am hoping to have it ready :thumbsup:
I ordered a 18/38 only because the 40 wouldn't be here in time for this weekend , hopefully that will work

well I didn't get to run at loring , My bike passed tech but my leathers didnt so I found a member on here that loaned me his but by the time i got back to tech no one was there to tech , I ended up stoping at a 1/8 mile strip on the way home and ran it with the 18/39 gear witch was way to much but i just wanted to run the bike, after a couple ****y passes and some big boggs ( gearing) i turned on the gas and run 6.06 @123.63 . I didnt think that was to bad for a small shot with huge gearing ,mike

p.s i wanted to thank that member again for letting me borrow his leathers .
I cant remember his name but he went 273mph ( bill ?? )

I left around 1 PM yesterday, but it seemed like things were going well for all. The Air wasn't quite what it was last year. DA was between 2000' and 2300' with a light breeze that was from the front at times, so conditions were not like last year but that's racing.

Dean and Bill W. went crazy fast. Crazy fast...

I almost pissed my pants watching Todd's busa sidecar do a lunatic wheelie sideways on one wheel at 100 mph.

Ricky had gone about 218 when I left. Probably faster after.

A couple of locals from NED and good friends of mine had a go of it for the first time. Eric P. from MA went 120 on a dirtbike. Jim got his naked Bandit up to 170. Kent's perpetual turbo project was going low 190s I think. I got to meet XS power (and his son) and put a name to a face.

I'll try to post some photos tomorrow.

Thanks for the update. I had heard about Bill of course but I have to say Dean really layed it down for the Guthrie camp! :bowdown:
I never heard the final word/speed on Ricky's bike except that it complained about wanting new rods.

Things could be intersting at Maxton in Sept.

Mike, you shouldn't have given up so easily. Everyone is there to help and they would have gotten you through tech in an informal way. It must have been Bill warner who loaned you the leathers. Good example of someone giving the shirt off their back. :thumbsup:

Tom, get those pictures posted! Glad you and your friends made it up there for some fun. :thumbsup:

Well, that's to bad! I was really hoping you were going to be able to run...

p.s i wanted to thank that member again for letting me borrow his leathers .
I cant remember his name but he went 273mph ( bill ?? )

That sounds like Bill Warner! Heck of a nice guy, glad to see him up the record AGAIN... :beerchug:

Thanks for the update. I had heard about Bill of course but I have to say Dean really layed it down for the Guthrie camp! :bowdown:
I never heard the final word/speed on Ricky's bike except that it complained about wanting new rods.

Things could be intersting at Maxton in Sept.

Mike, you shouldn't have given up so easily. Everyone is there to help and they would have gotten you through tech in an informal way. It must have been Bill warner who loaned you the leathers. Good example of someone giving the shirt off their back. :thumbsup:

Tom, get those pictures posted! Glad you and your friends made it up there for some fun. :thumbsup:
yea i will probably regret that i didnt push to get teched in, but there always next year !!

Well, that's to bad! I was really hoping you were going to be able to run...

That sounds like Bill Warner! Heck of a nice guy, glad to see him up the record AGAIN... :beerchug:

yup thats him, i was barly done saying was i was looking for and he was up outa his seat getting his leathers , super nice guy :thumbsup:

I just ran my 2009 Busa and with stock gearing it will only run 192mph. I'm planning on going down -2 in the rear to break 200mph. This was GPS speeds with a stock bike with a Full Ti Ti-force system /ECU reflash and mirrors with stock air filter also. I hope to get a 41 sprocket to try to break 200mph. The bike pulled 183hp and 107 torque w/ 20-50 weight oil on a 90F+ day

gearcommander site has a nice set up to see what you need to run different speeds...

M

If you are trying to gear for an event, the gear commander site is incorrect for a Gen-II. Just thought I would let you know before you get out there and don't get there speeds... ;)

No event...I'm just wanting to break 200 with the bike and then will likely go up 2 in the rear for more accel

M

Back