19 tooth front sprocket

Lots of factors but I ran 18/41 to go 200+ and that's good for 206-207ish. I would think 19/40 is to tall unless you are making 300rwhp+?

GOT-BUSA ,
I got 206 rwhp all motor and have a about 45 more in spray . I want to get as much speed as I can ( want to do at least 220 ) . what do you think about 18/38 ?

im running stock front and 42t rear and its great for my day to day rideing ,, still has the power to walk away from just about any other bike , even when its just a 6th gear roll on !

but to each his own !

It should still have power ! By going up in the rear it makes it easier to get going . Going down in front OR up in rear is easier on the bike to get going but lowers top speed .

I ended up ordering a steel 39 tooth sprocket for the rear. I will post an update once it is installed. The front is staying stock at 19.

Lots of factors but I ran 18/41 to go 200+ and that's good for 206-207ish. I would think 19/40 is to tall unless you are making 300rwhp+?

GOT-BUSA ,
I got 206 rwhp all motor and have a about 45 more in spray . I want to get as much speed as I can ( want to do at least 220 ) . what do you think about 18/38 ?

18/38 and 19/40 are pretty close on top.

Sorry about my error in my previous post, I will be staying with the stock 18 tooth sprocket for front, and going with a 39 tooth sprocket for rear. I am hoping this will get my highway cruising RPM down about 500 RPM or so.

I use the bike for commuting and touring, so getting off the line at a blazing speed is not a big deal at all for me.

GOT-BUSA ,

I don't remember your size/weight but with 18/40, I don't see why you couldn't go 200+ in 1-Mile (if conditions are right and you can ride/tuck). Lots of factors so you will have to test it. Hard to say xxx-HP will get you there since it's different for everyone. 220mph might be a little strong for your first time out but it's a good goal... :thumbsup:

I don't remember your size/weight but with 18/40, I don't see why you couldn't go 200+ in 1-Mile (if conditions are right and you can ride/tuck). Lots of factors so you will have to test it. Hard to say xxx-HP will get you there since it's different for everyone. 220mph might be a little strong for your first time out but it's a good goal... :thumbsup:

I got 201.4 (unofficial on my gps) so far . my weight is 220 suited been riding for 30 years , i know how important the tuck is and plan on a drag tank for the bike . best quarter is 9.6 @ 149 mph . but 220 is my goal and I know it may be hard to hit . Alot of people don't realize the ammount of power it takes to get each mile an hour after 200. I just hope i have the power to push a 18/38 gearing

I would just make sure you bring other sprockets. It would be good to bring a 40, 41, 42... ;)

Depends how much you mess with/tweak your bike. If you hot lap and get right back in line, probably more than you want at Texas...

Bill (Cali_kid) has made plenty of runs each time out:

March 09 he did 17.
Oct 09 he did 24.
March 10 he did 21.
Oct 10 he did 19.

It all depends and if you go to your pits between runs... :thumbsup:

Josh,

Is the all 3 days or just running sat and sun?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Josh,

Is the all 3 days or just running sat and sun?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Most are three days but you should have no trouble running 10+ times in 2-days... ;)

It's not like Maxton where you have to do license passes and get maybe 3-5 runs if you are lucky...

If someone is going to go 19/44 that means you dont want your top speed higher right? I have a 2004 that im going to turbo, and im gonna run 20/38 if I can. It was at 18/41 but I want more speed. Is that reasonable?

If someone is going to go 19/44 that means you dont want your top speed higher right? I have a 2004 that im going to turbo, and im gonna run 20/38 if I can. It was at 18/41 but I want more speed. Is that reasonable?

That will give you more top end, for sure. not real sure how long it will take you to get there with that gearing though.

19/44 is almost the same as stock 17/40 on Gen-1. 20/38 is STRONG gearing for top speed! How much power do you plan to make?

Back