• ADULT COURT HE COMMITED MURDER

Votes: 40 63.5%
  • JUVENILE COURT

Votes: 14 22.2%
  • JAIL DAD 4 GIVING HIM GUN

Votes: 7 11.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Alot are posting about the gun should be locked up and dont get me wrong, it should have been or at very least out of reach. But with proper parenting, it wouldn't matter if the gun was locked up or not. The kid would know better. Growing up, our guns were never locked up. Hell I started keeping my shotgun in my room when I was 14.

I tested my 6 year old not too long ago. I took my piece off my waist(unloaded it) and told her to take it to my night stand in the bedroom. She refused. I told her it was okay and that it was unloaded. "No, it's dangerous and I'm not touching it" Training gun safety/responsibility starts at a young age and should never stop.

Yeah seeing 3 year old girlz pimped out by crack moms boyfriend..............well nuff said. We live in sick times peeps

I was recently in a custody battle(long story) over a little girl who was picked up with her mom walking the streets in Detroit. The mom was hi as a kite. Little girl is 5:banghead:

To kill someone in cold blood is heartless, what is wrong with these kids these days. Killing like it's nothing, as if they were stepping on a bug. Too many violent video games for these weak minded people. It's only going to get worse.

I was recently in a custody battle(long story) over a little girl who was picked up with her mom walking the streets in Detroit. The mom was hi as a kite. Little girl is 5:banghead:

I used drop off in Detroit some rough ereas Vandike can b rough steret.

I used drop off in Pontiac A LOT.

I played violent video games. I still do. Most of m friends did growing up and still do. Almost all of us own guns. Are we the next in line to go shoot someone? No. We are all well balanced grown individuals. Our parents instilled in us the difference between right and wrong. We have, and have had for a long time, the ability to discern between reality and fantasy.

I don't think you can point the finger at video games. It all comes back to parenting. A lack of parenting allows the video games to cause a child to do something abnormal maybe, but what about all the kids growing up playing Mario? I don't see a ton of kids out eating mushrooms and jumping on turtles :poke: :laugh: (at least they leave the turtles alone)

Point being, it comes down to the interaction between the parent and child. Pointing the finger at the gun, at video games or whatever else you want, just takes the responsibility away from parents.

And yes, I will wait for more information before I actually tar and feather the father, however, my instincts tell me there is a lot of fault on his part. At first impression I still think he needs beat. But i'll wait to :poke: till the facts come. Fair enough?

the quote from me you used is from an external observer perspective. no parenting required, just ears, eyes and reason. it is easy to SEE all the lack of parenting going on with kids, and read about it in the news.... just like this artical. whether I personally parent or not, does not change the ease of external observation.

My parenting consists of correcting parents that are at their wits end of not understanding what they are doing wrong. I'm not offended if they don't take my advice, but strangely, many of my recommendations have improved their specific situations in my personal family and friends with children. I probably will never have children because I do not believe I would be able to "Parent" them properly in todays world with all the bad laws in place. Thus, "parenting" going away. Even LEGALLY.
My 2 cents
Proof Positive you have know idea what you are talking about my friend. Unless of course you would like to explain.

naw, it's pretty easy to see when bad parenting is occuring
Really? Is that like looking at a book and thinking it is bad because you don't like the picture on the cover?

If you have never done it then your credability in discussing it is suspect. To try to capture what parenting is or is not with out having been there is pretty tough.
Posted via Mobile Device

Seriously parenting is one of the difficult and most rewarding things we do in life. If you have never done it and think you understand it you are kidding yourself.

That said I am sure there are a whole host of factors in this child's life that led to the tragic events that occurred. I do not think he should be tried as an adult and written off he is way to young. I certainly don't blame the gun because if he was to the point of this level of violence then it could have been anything.

I think as a society we have so many problems with the way we view human life that it diminishes us as a whole and until we start to hold human as precious we will continue to see this and be horrified by it and continue to ask why.

My parents had guns in the house that were accessible. There were lots of people that I didn't like, I got bullied a lot as a kid and wanted to really hurt a lot of people. I knew that a gun would kill someone. So instead, I finally went on a rampage with my fists and handled myself.

The whole point to that is that I knew right from wrong, and I knew at the same age that taking a life was wrong unless necessary to protect myself from my own death. You can blame parents for having guns around, the kid has something wrong upstairs that is crossed. If the dad is guilty of anything, it is being a father that didn't deal with the hard issues like his son's anger issues, and other problems. People don't just do this kind of stuff without having real anger issues.

I haven't had a chance to read the article yet, but is there comfirmation that it was the father's gun? My wife teaches kindergarden at an innercity elementary school, and there has been more than one fire are brought to school, and it did not belong to the parent. THIS IS A PRIMARY CENTER!!!

Things are just not the same! Scary stuff???

OK, my vote is not on there. I say Juvenile Court and Counseling. There is quite obviously something wrong with this kid. Normal, healthy, loved kids don't run around killing people. He is a child and at 11 most likely does not understand the true consequences for his actions. I also don't think he should be allowed to just continue on with life as if everything is normal.

Alot are posting about the gun should be locked up and dont get me wrong, it should have been or at very least out of reach. But with proper parenting, it wouldn't matter if the gun was locked up or not. The kid would know better. Growing up, our guns were never locked up. Hell I started keeping my shotgun in my room when I was 14.

I tested my 6 year old not too long ago. I took my piece off my waist(unloaded it) and told her to take it to my night stand in the bedroom. She refused. I told her it was okay and that it was unloaded. "No, it's dangerous and I'm not touching it" Training gun safety/responsibility starts at a young age and should never stop.

+1000...I agree. I grew up with guns all over the house. NEVER TOUCHED THEM...EVER. I was parented well and knew better.

Point being, it comes down to the interaction between the parent and child. Pointing the finger at the gun, at video games or whatever else you want, just takes the responsibility away from parents. QUOTE]

ABSOLUTELY!!! Parents are not Parents nowadays!! Children need to understand reality and the difference between right and wrong. That is the parents job!

OK, my vote is not on there. I say Juvenile Court and Counseling. There is quite obviously something wrong with this kid. Normal, healthy, loved kids don't run around killing people. He is a child and at 11 most likely does not understand the true consequences for his actions. I also don't think he should be allowed to just continue on with life as if everything is normal.

Kids like this will NEVER be NORMAL... they will ALWAYS BE A THREAT to society and themselves.

I see kids come through my school all year who have been repeatedly arrested for theft, vandalism, even robbing people at gunpoint outside of the theatre. You know what their cop-out is?? SPECIAL ED!... Students that are ruled special education cannot be held liable for their actions... it's kind of like INSANITY... so guess what??.. we have a student here who has stabbed multiple members of his family and shot a cop (no fatalities... ) and guess what? He walks the hallways with all of the other kids.... (he is in Counseling and a group home). Do you want your kids in school with this kid who just shot the lady through the back of the head with NO REMORSE?

Just something to think about......

Proof Positive you have know idea what you are talking about my friend. Unless of course you would like to explain.

so I should not be allowed to participate and add my perspective on this situation, or talk about parenting on a public, open, worldwide internet forum? that is very odd.

you think it is hard to see bad parenting? Have you ever left the house and ventured into public and seen people with their children? it is really quote obvious and VERY EASY to tell which kids are not parented well.

I guess if *I* was giving SPECIFIC ADVICE in this PARTICULAR EVENT telling everyone exactly what the parents did wrong - from someone with no actual parenting experience - I would be out of place. I did nothing even remotely close to that. Why? Because I am not qualified and I know that.

Silver, I'm tired of you singling me out going off on a negative tangent without valid reason reason. This dialog is yet another example. One more crap comment and you are on ignore.

so I should not be allowed to participate and add my perspective on this situation, or talk about parenting on a public, open, worldwide internet forum? that is very odd.

you think it is hard to see bad parenting? Have you ever left the house and ventured into public and seen people with their children? it is really quote obvious and VERY EASY to tell which kids are not parented well.

I guess if *I* was giving SPECIFIC ADVICE in this PARTICULAR EVENT telling everyone exactly what the parents did wrong - from someone with no actual parenting experience - I would be out of place. I did nothing even remotely close to that. Why? Because I am not qualified and I know that.

Silver, I'm tired of you singling me out going off on a negative tangent without valid reason reason. This dialog is yet another example. One more crap comment and you are on ignore.

I notice you quoted me but left out what I was refering to when I posted that. Thus taking my comment out of context.

You said: "I do not believe I would be able to "Parent" them properly in todays world with all the bad laws in place. Thus, "parenting" going away. Even LEGALLY."

Now based on that statement I commented that you didn't know what you were talking about. I did ask you to explain, rather you decided to take my statement out of context. I made that statement because if you need to use the legal system as an excuse for thinking you could not parent then you know very little about parenting. I have done it now for almost 18 years and I can tell you that, for me, laws and the legal system have had zero impact on the way I parent.

Comment on any topic you want but I would never comment on how to do brain surgery because I am not brain surgeon.

Kids like this will NEVER be NORMAL... they will ALWAYS BE A THREAT to society and themselves.

I see kids come through my school all year who have been repeatedly arrested for theft, vandalism, even robbing people at gunpoint outside of the theatre. You know what their cop-out is?? SPECIAL ED!... Students that are ruled special education cannot be held liable for their actions... it's kind of like INSANITY... so guess what??.. we have a student here who has stabbed multiple members of his family and shot a cop (no fatalities... ) and guess what? He walks the hallways with all of the other kids.... (he is in Counseling and a group home). Do you want your kids in school with this kid who just shot the lady through the back of the head with NO REMORSE?

Just something to think about......

I agree with you 100% Busa Jules. I know this topic all too well from experience. My nephew is that child. He has not killed anybody yet, unfortunately I have to put the "Yet" in that sentence. He isn't allowed around my daughter without supervision and I honestly haven't seen him in about 5 years. I can tell you 100% that his problems stem from one specific thing. TERRIBLE PARENTING!!! ABSOLUTELY 100% TERRIBLE PARENTING. He is slightly ADD (or so the doctor's say...I think that is a cop-out) but he has been a holy terror since he was 3. He has never been able to be in regular school for more than a week and has spent the majority of his life in group homes. What do you do with these children? He just recently turned 18 and decided to quit school it is very sad...

Back