• ADULT COURT HE COMMITED MURDER

Votes: 40 63.5%
  • JUVENILE COURT

Votes: 14 22.2%
  • JAIL DAD 4 GIVING HIM GUN

Votes: 7 11.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I'm not saying the dad isn't at fault here, but "can't blame the kid" is a bit ignorant, I think. He did the killing, not the dad. Is that to say that with better parenting it still would have happened, no, but it also doesn't mean that the kid has no fault in it. Should he be tried as an adult? I think so. Should he be sent to adult prison? I don't think he should right now, but definitely something more harsh that jouvy, and he should for sure be sent in with the big boys when he turns 17 or 18. The kid obviously has some serious issues going on, that I'm not sure are reversable. I'm sure we all have people we SEVERELY disslike, but most people wouldn't just kill them. Especially not an 11 year old, and I'm sure he knew exactly what he was doing, and the fact that it had no effect on him and he just "shot her before getting on the bus to go to school" just provides further evidence that he's not right in the head.
Please don't think that I am saying the kid has no responsibility for his actions. I am just saying that this would more than likely have been prevented, as you said, with a little good parenting...

Please don't think that I am saying the kid has no responsibility for his actions. I am just saying that this would more than likely have been prevented, as you said, with a little good parenting...

Gotcha. :thumbsup: Sorry for the missunderstanding. And I agree, good parenting goes a LOOOOONG way. And it starts from the day the child is born. Thankfully my parents did a pretty dang good job. I just hope that one day when I have kids of my own I can do as well as they did.

This is a very sad story. The fault lies with the parenting.
I know some of the gun lovers might get offended on the org, but this is where gun control is needed. I am sorry. As a gun lover myself, I refuse to place a gun in the hands of a minor no matter what kind it is. I know that our fathers and grandfathers did this with us teaching us how to hunt, but we must realize that these kids today are not responsible enough to handle that kind of responsibility.
That kid should have never had a gun in the first place. The father left the gun in the boys possession. Why was that gun not put away.
My uncle used to take my younger cousin and I hunting and we each had our own gun. After hunting, OUR guns were locked in the cabinet that we had no key to. He made sure we could not get to them. Had this father done this, we not have a story to talk about. The father needs to be charged with something for his negligence.

wow, you guys are Harsh! "Adult Court" Of course, I voted for that too. I'm tired of people not take responsibility for their kids. Fine. Lock the kids up. They LEARNED murder from somewhere [watching mom and dad most likely, right? RIGHT? ? ? * ], they also learned the consequences too.

* I would NEVER say movies, TV, and video games desensitizes them, because that has NEVER been proven and therefor is groundless. So I won't say it. Must have been learned watching mom and dad kill people.

this may be "lack of parenting" to us now, but in a few more years, "Lack of parenting" will no longer be valid since PARENTING is being eliminated. people just pop out kids with no thought or ideas of what to bother doing with them after secks. Therefor, "Parenting" is an outdated idea that will simply no longer exist. Like marriage. IF it is not being done, it will cease to exist.

So next up, we will simply blame day care, institutions or robot nannies or whatever... without realizing love from a REAL PARENT is the ONLY CURE.

Society shoots own foot FTW!

Execute father and son on pay per view TV by hanging. Use proceeds to lower taxes.

this may be "lack of parenting" to us now, but in a few more years, "Lack of parenting" will no longer be valid since PARENTING is being eliminated. people just pop out kids with no thought or ideas of what to bother doing with them after secks. Therefor, "Parenting" is an outdated idea that will simply no longer exist. Like marriage. IF it is not being done, it will cease to exist.

So next up, we will simply blame day care, institutions or robot nannies or whatever... without realizing love from a REAL PARENT is the ONLY CURE.

Society shoots own foot FTW!

How much parenting have you done?
Posted via Mobile Device

This is a very sad story. The fault lies with the parenting.
I know some of the gun lovers might get offended on the org, but this is where gun control is needed. I am sorry. As a gun lover myself, I refuse to place a gun in the hands of a minor no matter what kind it is. I know that our fathers and grandfathers did this with us teaching us how to hunt, but we must realize that these kids today are not responsible enough to handle that kind of responsibility.
That kid should have never had a gun in the first place. The father left the gun in the boys possession. Why was that gun not put away.
My uncle used to take my younger cousin and I hunting and we each had our own gun. After hunting, OUR guns were locked in the cabinet that we had no key to. He made sure we could not get to them. Had this father done this, we not have a story to talk about. The father needs to be charged with something for his negligence.

And why don't they have that kind of responsibility? Parenting, or lack there of. True, if the gun were locked up the kid wouldn't have SHOT the woman, but couldn't you then say that he should have locked up all the knives, sharp objects, etc? Now before y'all go jumpin all over me thinking I just said the dad was ok for not lockin the gun up, let me clarify. Yes, he should have locked it up; however, this kid seemed pretty determined to kill her. It was pre-meditated (he had told his cousin he wanted to kill her), therefore it's pretty safe to say that if it hadn't been the gun, it could have just as easily been a knife, scisors, or anything else sharp. He could have hit her in the head with a heavy object and killed her with blunt force trauma. . . He obviously wanted her dead, so I really don't think simply locking the gun in a safe would have kept this from happening. Although it definitely could have because it wouldn't have been as "quick and easy". I say 2 things probably contributed: parenting, obviously. And mental problems with the kid.

But then again, I'm no psychologist, either. Nor do I have the ENTIRE story. Simply going bassed off info I've read here.

how is that relevant to my point?

If you have never done it then your credability in discussing it is suspect. To try to capture what parenting is or is not with out having been there is pretty tough.
Posted via Mobile Device

the quote from me you used is from an external observer perspective. no parenting required, just ears, eyes and reason. it is easy to SEE all the lack of parenting going on with kids, and read about it in the news.... just like this artical. whether I personally parent or not, does not change the ease of external observation.

My parenting consists of correcting parents that are at their wits end of not understanding what they are doing wrong. I'm not offended if they don't take my advice, but strangely, many of my recommendations have improved their specific situations in my personal family and friends with children. I probably will never have children because I do not believe I would be able to "Parent" them properly in todays world with all the bad laws in place. Thus, "parenting" going away. Even LEGALLY.
My 2 cents

another case of gun accessible to children, how many times we have seen or heard of the same story.
father should be as responsible as the kid for the crime. what a shame!

HA what a joke man... get real.. Should he be held responsible, yeah, to what extent? What if this guy was very religious about locking up the gun, and forgot 1 night? Or what if he had it avaliable for self protection in the home, had it hid very well and the kid found it? Way to easy to make quick decisions, without knowing ANY information. :banghead:

HA what a joke man... get real.. Should he be held responsible, yeah, to what extent? What if this guy was very religious about locking up the gun, and forgot 1 night? Or what if he had it avaliable for self protection in the home, had it hid very well and the kid found it? Way to easy to make quick decisions, without knowing ANY information. :banghead:

Isn't that all anyone is doing?

I can guarantee that NONE of "experts" who have weighed in here about Chris' culpability know the whole story.

I'm not going to get into details, and I have no intention of arguing with people on the internet hundreds or thousands of miles away. Let us just say that I know the family and have for many years, we'll leave it at that.

It's a disastrous situation for everyone involved and nothing is ever going to make it right.

shoot the kid and the dad, this "family" is a total lose, the one that now suffers the most is the little girl that found her dead mother. She will never completly recover from that.

shoot the kid and the dad, this "family" is a total lose

Yeah...that'll help...that solves all the problems doesn't it, further destroying an already devastated and ruined family? Thanks for your help, I'm glad you have all the answers.

Wouldn't the effort be much better spent ridding the world of people who make snap judgments and knee jerk decisions based on incomplete evidence and a total lack of understanding of the facts involved? You know...people like you.

Back